Coffee, Vicodin, and Provigil

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hermitlady, Nov 24, 2006.

1. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

This was my morning cocktail today. I've been soooo achy and exhausted lately, nothing seems to help. So far I've been up for 3 hours and haven't gone back to bed, so that's an improvement.

I slept almost all day on Thanksgiving...stayed in my pajamas until 5 pm. Thank goodness I didn't have to cook, we went out to dinner.

Just thought I'd vent a little and say hello. Feeling very disgusted with myself for being such a waste of space. Just keep wishing for the days to end so I can go back to sleep. Not my idea of a good time, you know?
  2. footballmom

footballmom New Member

Sorry to hear you're having a bad day.....I can relate.....keep your ching up......have another coctail and watch a chick flick.....

hugs.....Tess
  3. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I didn't sleep the day away, but I am still so weak and my legs are like rubber. I took a very short walk down the street and back, and got so tired. I'm just at a loss for how to energize myself...this weakness makes me feel lightheaded and shaky.

I just had a bunch of bloodwork done and of course nothing abnormal showed up. I'm just feeling so fragile physically and emotionally and it's really getting to me.

Any suggestions from my friends here?? Thanks.

Hermit
  4. jake123

jake123 New Member

Is the Provigil not helping you at all? How much are you taking? I'm waiting for mine to get here from the mail order.
  5. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I seem to have inconsistent results as far as increased physical activity from the Provigil. It does keep me from sleeping all day tho. Sometimes I feel a bit wired and get up and moving for a change.

I take 200mg tablets. Sometimes half in am then half in afternoon. Sometimes half of one 3x a day. Dr only wants me taking 200mg/day. You supposedly can take 400mg/day safely. My insurance does not cover it and it's about $10 per pill, rather pricey. I get samples about half the time and pay for it as needed.

It does help, but seems to lose some of it's effectiveness after taking it for awhile. This is the third time over the last few years that I've tried it.