coginitve versus alzheimers' (sp)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bobbycat, Mar 29, 2009.

1. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

The symtoms are so much alike that it scares me could we end up with alzheimer's? Is it that progressive?
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Don't know if it's progressive.

I had brain fog from CFS for about 25 years. Now I'm in stage 3/4 of Alzheimer's.

Maybe age is the big factor. I read that about half of people over 85 have Alzheimer's.

Maybe supplements and activity help a little. I used to play tournament bridge, but now
    I can't remember the cards. Still do crosswords though. Don't drive much anymore as I
    sometimes get confused and turn the wrong way.

Rock
  3. tut90

tut90 Member

I'm 61 years old with FM and a family history of Alzheimer's. My mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in her early 50's and my brother 62, has had it for a few years now. It is very scary dealing with this brain fog, because at times I think I have Alzheimer's, like this past week when I woke up thinking it was Sunday and it was only Wednesday.

rockgor, like you I also have diabetes and high blood pressure. When my mother was diagnosed I remember a doctor telling me that people with diabetes get what they call mini strokes that destroy brain cells also, that's all we need.

I play some type of computer game everyday. Some good ones are Super Granny and Chocolate Castle.

Tut90
  4. emmally

emmally New Member

that I was experiecing the beginiing stages of alzheimers and I am 30. But I am better now, at the time I was not recognizing people and was very confused and forgetful all the time. I still have very bad brain fogs days though....
  5. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

thanks for your reply.