Cognition and Weather

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rafiki, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I am seriously cognitively impaired today. Writing this is a huge effort.

It is a bright and pleasant sunny day here in southern Ontario but the barometer is falling and it will rain tomorrow.

My brain has been a very sensitive barometer for 28 years now. My inability to think always precedes a change in the weather by several hours. What I respond to is the falling barometer. I will be able to think much better when it begins to rain.

In the early days I had negative ion generators everywhere which, if I remember correctly, seemed to help... or had a super placebo effect :~) Falling water creates negative ions so a shower should help with mental clarity. (I will try that very soon!)

I am so befuddled that I have no real idea what I have just written and find it even more difficult to read than I did to write.

There are also physical changes with fall clearly into the category of TMI except for tinnitus and headache which worsen.

Is anyone else thrust into deep and painful cognitive fuzziness when the barometer changes direction?

Anyone else tried negative ion generators?

I have very little idea what I have just written and all efforts to figure it out are... arrrrrrrrrrowwwwoowwwwwweeeeeaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhh!

[This Message was Edited on 04/19/2008]
  2. bct

bct Active Member

Sorry I screamed but I'm the same. Today a vicious cold front is coming in, temp dropped, yesterday lovely, felt pretty good, today thought is not coming thru very well though!

Ions? Don't know.....

I agree, dear Rafiki : arrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooeeeeeeeghh!

3. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

let's just huddle together until this stinking thing passes!

What did I just say?

You have made me feel so much better :~) Still deeply stoopid and confused, but better.

4. victoria

victoria New Member

I think this is the perfect reason to go take a bath and seclude myself in there while it fills.........

YES I notice when the barometer changes... particularly ever since I had slight whiplash from car accident a few years ago, slight bulging disc between C6-7 but must be in exactly the right way (as usual)...

I get nauseated, achy, and can't think straight/spacey. MRI totally tied in with my symptoms of nausea.

SO.... I should just take a long hot bath instead of trying to do anything else, I think! And try to move by the ocean or a waterfall?

5. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

For me everything is worse (pain, fatigue, confusion) when the barometer falls. I've noticed I feel better when the rain has begun. But, I don't know a thing about negative eons.

I just wanted to say I've also noticed that I'm also worse around full moon. Full moon is tomorrow! Do you know what the full moon has to do with it? I'd love to know the answer if anyone has it.

Take care.

6. bct

bct Active Member

I should have stayed home with you instead of going to town. Alas, prudence did not prevail. Icy winds, no enticing plants, too bloody exhausted to focus on them anyway.

Home is the hunter, home from the hill,
    And the sailor home from the sea..... (or something like that).

7. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Hey Victoria,
    I was going to say that a bath wouldn't do it until I realized I just hadn't read what you wrote properly. Yes! You would be bathed, so to speak, in negative ions while it filled.

I think a waterfall in the centre of one's (earth) home would be the perfect solution to so many things. But, the sea would be good, too.

Deserts can be bad which I will touch on in my reply to Doloresf1.

Hi Doloresf1,
    I'm so glad I'm not alone which is kinda selfish, really. Ah well.

I don't notice a moon effect, myself. I don't keep track of the moon cycles but if it affected me I'd be able to tell you what they were without keeping track the way I can predict the falling barometer without foreknowledge.

The ion effect is very interesting. It was discovered in a study of some crazy wind in a desert (forget which one, of course) in the middle east. During certain winds... California winds may have a similar effect, come to think... anyway, during certain winds people would experience all kinds of painful difficulties that ranged from an inability to think to flat out rage or despair. After factoring in every possible variable, and subjecting these poor people to various triggering environments, they determined that the cause of the wind craziness was the fact that the air became more heavily charged with positive ions.

I just made that sound incredibly boring after saying it was interesting. Sorry!

Barry, my dear,
    You should have. I had to huddle alone. Well, actually, I huddled with the dog which was very pleasant.

I watched a great little documentary: Mad Hot Ballroom, about 10 year old kids in the Bronx learning and competing in ballroom dancing. I like it much more than the dog did. He found it particularly irksome when I attempted to get him to Mambo. See all the fun you missed. You, too, could have been irked.

I'm sorry your day was not only difficult but fruitless. Argh, huh? Yeah.

I think the sailor came home first.
    Or, was it the baker? :~)

Tomorrow it will rain or the wind will blow from another direction or the moon will wane or... and we will all feel better. Promise.

Peace out all,

ETA: a sorting out of affect and effect but I can't because I no longer understand usage of affect and effect. ARGH!

[This Message was Edited on 04/19/2008]