Cold All the Time

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Newswoman, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Newswoman

Newswoman New Member

Does anyone else have this problem? The office where I work is always freezing. Even though I live in Southwest Florida, I've been wearing sweaters everyday. I keep another heavy sweater or pullover at work, and I put that on top of the sweater I'm wearing.

Even with all these clothes on, I'm still freezing. One day, the cold set into my right arm. The pain was piercing from my neck down to my arm. It took two weeks, and two massages in one week to get rid of the pain.

I'm so cold right now that I'm shivering.
  2. Newswoman

Newswoman New Member

Does anyone else have this problem? The office where I work is always freezing. Even though I live in Southwest Florida, I've been wearing sweaters everyday. I keep another heavy sweater or pullover at work, and I put that on top of the sweater I'm wearing.

Even with all these clothes on, I'm still freezing. One day, the cold set into my right arm. The pain was piercing from my neck down to my arm. It took two weeks, and two massages in one week to get rid of the pain.

I'm so cold right now that I'm shivering.
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Yes, yes, yes! The summer when it's 90 degrees & stiflingly humid is the only time I'm warm! The rest of the year, I freeze. I almost can't stand to sit, because even under the blankets I spread over myself, when I'm not moving, I'm colder still. So I get up and move around just to try to get warm---or go wash dishes in the hottest water possible just to warm up a little. I feel like I shiver in every restaurant, the movies, etc. At home I'm constantly turning up the heat; in your workplace it's so hard, because you aren't in control of the thermostat. I, too, have been having pretty severe right arm pain--I don't know how much is cold related but I live in Kansas.

My husband's on his way out to do his daily 5-mile run. 24F degrees today here! Don't know how he does it. Me, I'll be home shivering...

Warm Hugs & keep that sweater on!
    Pam
  4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Yes, FMS can be the culprit since dysautonomia can cause these temperature fluctuations, but before you assume anything, please see your doc and get a thyroid panel done, since thyroid is the most common cause of this symptom.
    Good luck,
    Klutzo
  5. Nautical

Nautical New Member

I can definatley relate to being cold all the time. When I first came down with CFS symptoms, it was summer and I was wearing sweatshirts non-stop! I live in NJ, and its now winter, and although my symptoms have improved, I am cold almost all the time! My hands and feet get especially icy. For temporary releif, I drink hot (decaf) tea. At least it can warm the hands!
  6. lilwren

lilwren New Member

It seems to be getting a little better since I started back on my thyroid medication - for hypothyroidism. It's only been a month, but I can tell a big difference. I have worn out all of my socks and sweat shirts! I have to wear socks all the time - especially when I have to go to an office where the a/c is set really low. I'm still having ups and downs now even with the thyroid meds, but feel warmer over all.

love,
    Sharon L
  7. FOREVERFREE

FOREVERFREE Member

There is some great information in Dr.Richard Bruno's book called; The Polio Paradox, which sure helped me understand alot of "why" I'm colder than others much of the time, and that was just for starters. I highly recommend you find a copy. Maybe even your library?

There is also alot of good information on the Community section of Immune Support, that is easily overlooked, in the 'related sites' area. This whole website is a fabulous place for looking for answers!

It really is vital to stay warm, at a good temperature, since if you're not, it's a stress on your body. Maybe get a little heater for your office to keep under your desk? I avoid places,if possible, I can't be at a comfortable temperature, since it will usually send me into some times days of recovery from CFS or fibromyalgia if I don't head my bodies warning.

FOREVERFREE
    [This Message was Edited on 12/04/2002]
  8. momof3dancers

momof3dancers New Member

I too am cold all of the time even when it is hot.. my hands, nose,thighs and dupa areas are ALWAYS and forever COLD as ice...I cant remember when I wasn't cold..my hubby is forever flinging off covers.. as I INSIST on having 2 comforters on our bed!! he wakes up sweating and all I want is the heating pad!!!