cold an hot sensations

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sherry, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Sherry

Sherry New Member

Does anyone get a ice cold sensation in their chest, up the back of their neck and down their arms? Sometimes it feels hot. It gives me a panic feeling.
  2. Sherry

Sherry New Member

Does anyone get a ice cold sensation in their chest, up the back of their neck and down their arms? Sometimes it feels hot. It gives me a panic feeling.
  3. BonBons

BonBons New Member

Hi Sherry - I know this is an old post, but I felt bad that you got no replies. Sorry you're having trouble. BonBons
  4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I did not see this first time around. Yes, I do get this. Sometimes, I get heat radiating down one side of my arms but the other sides will be so cold I get goosebumps and the hair stands on end. it happened once while I was in the doctor's office and he told me it is "autonomic misfiring along the ulnar pathway", and that he had read about it in books but never seen it. He seemed as excited as a kid in a candy shop, but it wasn't fun for me! In plain English, it means your nervous system is sending out mistaken signals, which is part and parcel of FMS. Don't know what to do about it though.
    In empathy,
    Klutzo