Cold at night but sweaty in the morning

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I go to bed so cold,cover up in blankets,sweat the whole night til gown and bed are wet but I am still cold.Does this sound like any of you?

Sheila
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I don't necessarily feel cold when I go to bed, but I do have the problem of feeling cold sometimes and warm at others. It certainly is annoying and can disturb your sleep. For me, it isn't as bad now as it used to be.

I don't know about the sweaty part, but being cold a lot is a symtom of low thyroid.

Ellen
  3. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

Me too.

I go to bed cold and spend sometimes as much as an hour warming up enough so I can get to sleep.

I pile the covers on high.

Then 7 hours later I will wake up sweating.

****I have always slept under a sheet/blanket/bedspread and then my hubby's bedspread and blanket folded back over the top of me so I get double layers!

My feet and hands are the very worst and takes forever to get them warm enough so I can actually fall asleep.

4. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

This has now been 3 days in a row.I was doing this when I was hurting my worse too.

I wonder how much of this could be hormones?I have only 1 ovary left thanks to endometriosis.Dr. told me after surgery that the ovary may last me 5 years.Well it has been about that long.

I go to GYN next week.

I am having to wash the bed sheets and my gowns everyday due to the cold sweats.Last night I wasn't under alot of blankets and did not have cold chills but still woke up soaked.

Maybe the question will be answered next week.I hope I don't need to take estrogen.That kind of scares me.

Sheila
  5. sukis

sukis New Member

hi sheila,
    i always go to bed cold and wake up sweating, its all part of chronic fatigue, so dont worry sweet dreams love brenda
    [This Message was Edited on 10/06/2005]