Cold causes me pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by poeticbobbi, Apr 13, 2007.

1. poeticbobbi

poeticbobbi New Member

Does anyone else experience pain if touched by anything cold? Im talkin anything,a hand an object,water etc.....
    And if I am outside and become cold the pain is terrible as well as if I am someplace where the heat isn't up high enough.The funny part of this is, due to the start of menopause I get hot flashes too but I have to be careful how I try to cool down.
    Oh and the other thing I want to mention is, there is only one way I can get warm again once I become cold.I have to do it from the inside out with a hot liquid,soup,tea,coffee and then if that isn't enough a hot shower. Being careful not to get a chill while I am drying off.
  2. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I think we can all relate to that. Cold is the enemy because of what it does to our muscles. I have no life in the fall, winter, or spring. I have a wood burning stove we keep stoked 24/7. The heat from that feels the best.
  3. cct

cct Member

Yes, cold things (anything . . water, food from the freezer, weather, etc.)cause me alot of pain.

Winters are terrible. I have to stay in the house on the cold days.

The pain is almost unbearable when I submerge my hand in cold water or when I have to hold onto food/ice from the freezer. Even a few seconds of exposure is very painful.