cold chills?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tennessee, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Tennessee

Tennessee New Member

for the last few months i have begun having strange cold shivers.i am not cold and usually am not running a fever,anyone ever had these or may know what they are or could be?thanks for listening=).
  2. Tennessee

Tennessee New Member

for the last few months i have begun having strange cold shivers.i am not cold and usually am not running a fever,anyone ever had these or may know what they are or could be?thanks for listening=).
  3. Jeweller

Jeweller New Member

If anyone does know, please tell me too! I've been getting cold shivers for a while now, regardless of what temperature I am...

Ros
  4. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

Crazy, crazy things are happening to us!!

Yes, I kept forgetting to post a question about this...mine happens almost every night when I get into bed. It's only up & down my back...can't think which it is, but it starts at the bottom & goes to the top or vice versa.

I've thought of what to call it cause it feels like the chills, but it's only on my back. Sometimes I think it's more like how you feel when you say someone walked over my grave...it just goes up the body once, it's not continuous like chills, but it happens over & over. I noticed it happens everytime I change position when I first get into bed...doesn't matter if I'm out of the covers, or completely covered up (no air gets in).

So, Tennessee from England (hee!), hope that makes you feel less alone...it does me. No idea what causes it...prob. something to do w/ us not adjusting to temp changes well???

Take care. Michele
  5. Tennessee

Tennessee New Member

i get em over my face and head,legs and arms,ahh poo,i get 'em everywhere!!!!!some days i don't have em at all and some days it's almost continuous,drives me nuts!!=)Someone told me a few months ago that it meant i had a kidney infection but i have seen a doc since then and he said nothin bout it.i've never had a kidney infection but i have had a bladder infection and was miserable,this is nothin like it,just crazy chills and shivers,go figure=)))))
  6. thereseuk

thereseuk New Member

I get soemthing similar where i go very cold and shivery. I know this sounds a bit too simple but taking two parecetemol[it might have a different name in US] usually stops it in its tracks. It usually works for me.
    love therese
  7. Jeweller

Jeweller New Member

is, as far as I can tell, the same thing as Tylenol, although I suspect you guys get more choice with Tylenol than we do with paracetamol (500 mg is the only dosage I've ever seen!).

Ros
  8. Magnolia

Magnolia New Member

I have this sensation in my legs quite often. I've always attributed it to poor circulation and/or restless legs syndrome. I've felt it was probably a result of whatever mechanism causes the restless legs.

After hearing from others who have 'shivers', I guess, I'm not really any longer sure about what causes mine.

Sincerely, Magnolia