cold feet??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SICKim514, Feb 4, 2009.

1. SICKim514

SICKim514 New Member

Anyone else with fibro/CFS get really cold feet? My feet, out of nowhere, will just get ice cold even if the rest of me is warm. What ends up happening is that my feet get cold and it leads to them hurting and then the rest of my leg hurting, which seems to be happening now.
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

Both myself and my granddaughter have ice cold feet. cold hands alot too.

it has something to do with circulation. also there is a syndrome called Raynauds Disease that causes this.

Know what you mean about feet getting cold and then legs starting. Lots of times I have to go soak in warm tub to get warmed back up.
    always keep socks on.
  3. dannybex

dannybex Member

It could be possibly reynaud's, but it could also be due to low blood volume (very common w/CFS and fibro). It could also be due to hypercoagulation problems. Or low blood cell counts. Or anemia. Or their may be a genetic equivalent.

Many different possible causes...but it is quite common, especially if one is on the thin side.

d.
  4. twitch_64

twitch_64 New Member

Adrenal Fatigue and hypothyroidism or thyroid resistance if I remember correctly. So is an overall intolerance to the cold and low blood pressure. I have these symptoms and have both of these disorders. The poor adrenal functioning really messes up your sleep, leading to the pain of fibro. I have troubles falling asleep, staying asleep and waking up in the morning. I feel like a zombie in the mornings, am tired all day, feel like I"m going to crash and burn between 2-4 pm, get a second wind when its time for bed, and I'm not on the thin side anymore.
  5. Rockismom

Rockismom New Member

"I have troubles falling asleep, staying asleep and waking up in the morning. I feel like a zombie in the mornings, am tired all day, feel like I"m going to crash and burn between 2-4 pm, get a second wind when its time for bed, and I'm not on the thin side anymore."

This sound just like me! Seems like I'm always doing laundry at 2 a.m.!
  6. vivian53

vivian53 Member

Hi SICKim14. My feet are always cold and a lot of times bluish. I have no other problems that I have been diagnosed with except FM. I also sit on the side of the tub and soak them in hot water until I warm up.

vivian