Cold in 80 degree weather?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by stschn, Sep 11, 2009.

1. stschn

stschn New Member

And no it not my thyroid as I just had it checked I'm still dressing like it winter. I may just be an age thing as I'll be 72 next month. Just wondering if anyone else is going through this. My PCP suggested that I ask Dr. Montoya if it could have any thing to do with the ME/CFS. But Dr. Montoya was the one who sujested having the thyroid retested.
  2. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I get colder when it's hotter out as then I sweat more. I'm always freezing and burning up and sweating all at the same time. That CFIDS for ya.

Sorry I don't have a better answer than that. And yes, thyroid meds can help a lot of people with symptoms like this but I don't think they help many with CFIDS. Just my observation. I can't handle meds thanks to this DD anyway.
  3. SnooZQ

SnooZQ New Member

Hopefully your doc did a complete thyroid panel rather than just a TSH screen. Free T3 level is one of the most diagnostic serum blood tests for hypothyroid, IMO.

Have you had a recent hematocrit run? Low iron stores in the blood can predispose one to feeling cold.

Any chance you are fighting an infection and experiencing "chills" related to low-grade fever?

Best wishes.

4. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Meds like Prilosec cause the chills. I didn't even know that one did it till I suffered through most of the summer freezing to death. I found it in the side effects on it and once I stopped it, I wasn't cold like that anymore.
  5. jole

jole Member

I do, and have ever since I got sick 7 years ago. When I was still able to work everyone laughed at me (good naturedly) because I wore long sleeves and a jacket inside during the summer, and when I took my jacket off to go outdoors they joked about a "tornado on the way".

My thermostat is set at 76 all year 'round, and I'm still cold. The only time I feel warm is while taking a hot shower or outside with the sunshine on me if it's over 84 degrees. No one believes me...and no doc has an answer! My tests all come back okay T3, T4, etc.

My body temperature is also low, which I suppose could have something to do with it. I've noticed people with low temps do tend to get cold easier. That's the only thing I can come up with as to a reason...I sure do get tired of dragging my blankie around with me everywhere I go, though. I feel like Linus! ......Jole
  6. loto

loto Member

low blood pressure is making you guys cold????
    My dad's always had low blood pressure and was always cold!!!!!
    Any thoughts?

7. deb_46

deb_46 New Member

Make sure they tested your Free T3 and Free T4. If they only ran the tsh or regular T4 or Total T3 they are useless tests.

I was just like you until I finally conviced a doc to put me on armour.

8. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

It is common for people with a chronic borrelia burgdorferi infection to have a sub-normal body temp and to feel cold all the time.

Chronic borrelia burgdorferi infections can cause symptoms that are often diagnosed as FMS or CFS.

see page 26 of this paper by a lyme expert.....

This is one of the most important papers I have ever read. It made me realize that the CAUSE of my FMS was a chronic borrelia burgdorferi infection and other tick-borne coinfections.

I urge you to read the entire paper. Symptom list on pages 9-11, coinfection info pages 22-27.