Cold making CFS worse?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shaz73, Oct 27, 2011.

1. shaz73

shaz73 New Member

I'm currently suffering from a bad cold, which has come along at the same time as a relapse in my energy levels and general health (I have CFS). Added to that its my time of the month - great! So consequently feel absolutely drained and down... : ( Is it that colds make us feel worse on top of what we already have or do they in fact make the condition worse as well? I guess I just want to vent about how truly horrible I have felt in last few days, just when I thought I couldnt feel anymore lousy.

Just started taking echineaca this last week when hubby got cold and regularly take large dose of slow release Vit C every day - just have to sit this time out I guess, while the housework builds and builds.

I am sure that I am NOT ALONE!

2. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

Well, like I have learned to say...a house doesn't look lived in if it isn't somewhat messy! Pray for the housecleaning fairy! I have prayed a lot for her and she hasn't come yet but maybe it will work for you!

3. SherylS

SherylS Member

Increasing your intake of Vitamin D can also be helpful for fighting colds. I have CFS/FM, but haven't had a cold in 5 years. My "secret" is eucalyptus oil. When someone else in the house gets a cold or I wake up a little stuffy or with a slight sore throat, I get it out immediately. Just put a capful in a pot of water and put it on to boil. Seems to work for me and my family. Hope it works for some of you too.

4. shaz73

shaz73 New Member

for responses. Jaminhealth - I looked at your Flu Arsenal post and found it to be very helpful indeed, so thanks for that.

Cold not any better unfortunately - just a waiting game now. Still waiting for those housework fairies to turn up as well! We have a new flatscreeen telly and my husband was talking to his mum saying she should come round this weekend to look at it - I am thinking NOOOOOOO! Have you seen the state of our home this week?!!!! Come on fairies, I need your help.....