cold = pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by applecrisp, Jan 8, 2007.

1. applecrisp

applecrisp New Member

anyone have suggestions of maintaining heat. I tend to spend a lot of time on the heating pad but it keeps me on the couch. Dont matter how many layers I use, my hands and nose get cold, then my body aches.

I'm Canadian so its not like we have too much heat going on outside. I have my heat set at 23 degrees C in the house and still I freeze icy
  2. Lynna62

Lynna62 New Member

Sometimes I will have to take a hot shower or bath in the middle of the day (or night) just to get my whole body warm. Then I can start putting on the layers of clothing.

Sure wish my hot tub still worked :(
  3. suzyQ44

suzyQ44 New Member

Hello
    We have been lucky this year here in Indiana. January can be a really cold month here we have had some mild temp's 40's average but not to many of them sunny day's , but we have had alot of rain. When I get feeling really cold i put a really thick blanket in my dryer and get it good and hot then I just wrap myself in it from my neck to feet it does feel good I may half to do this several times but my body does start to warm up. I have a heating blanket but it don't heat up like it use to :( I think I have worn it out. I also buy these little light weight packages at Wal-mart that are called Hot Hands you shake them up and they will stay hot up to 10 hours , I will hold them in my hands when they are hurting and I have put them in my sock's when my feet have been cold. Hope this helps. Suzyq44
  4. whoachief

whoachief New Member

Does anyone here use a heated mattress pad? Just wondering if it would be worth the investment as the ones I've seen are almost $100 for a king size bed with dual controls. I'm willing to put out the $$ but want to make sure it's gonna be worth it at least somewhat before I do. I just feel so cold "to the bone" some nights that my body hurts terribly. Thanks!
  5. HurtsToMove

HurtsToMove New Member

I DO like it very much to get warm and stay that way. I don't like the fact that it's not really soft. I have one of those eggcrate cushions, but the heating pad has to go over it, so I lose all the cushioning. I will probably go back to my electric blanket next winter due to this fact.

6. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

I'm always cold and always wear a down jacket in the house in winter. Also thick socks and warm shoes. If I get cold to the core, a soak in the hot tub helps.

I've also found Therma Care heated patches (get them in bulk at Costco) help a lot. I used to cover myself with them before I'd go to work when I was still teaching second grade. I have a neck bag that you heat in the microwave (filled with beans and lavendar and other spices) and drape it over my shoulders. It's calming as well as warming.

I wear gloves while reading in bed, otherwise, my hands get too cold and I can't sleep.

I really wish I had a heated toilet seat and heated towel holder!
    Best of luck getting warm.
    Mini
  7. Mwitherite

Mwitherite New Member

I had to take a space heater to the office with me and after that i got one that i can keep right with me and move without to much effort.

Made a BIG difference.

- M
  8. applecrisp

applecrisp New Member

I never thought about a space heater

Thanks for that!!
  9. saddlebred

saddlebred New Member

We use to have a waterbed that was heated. I loved it!! I didn't have has much trouble at night with the pain. The bed got ripped one day, (does anyone know how much water one of those things holds! A LOT!!!!). Needless to say my hushband said no more waterbeds in the house. Now I sleep with a heating bad on my really bad nights.
    I add layers and sit with a blanket wrapped around me. It doesn't always help a lot but my husband is hot natured. I'm all wrapped up in blankets and he'll have a fan blowing on him across the room with sweat pouring off him.
  10. forfink

forfink New Member

I started on Mirapex a month ago, right away it some how made me feel so much warmer. A few others have felt the same way. Low dose .125
    Have been ice cold and hated it for 20 plus years. The dopamine seems to help regulate my body temperature better now.