Cold rainy day OUCH!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mlrarr, Mar 3, 2006.

1. mlrarr

mlrarr New Member

Good morning or should I say bad morning.
    I feel like my whold body is just on fire. I live in California and its cold and rainy here in Bakesfield. I moved here from Oklahoma back in 89 because I cant stand the cold. Now its cold. On days like this I get to feeling so down like I can just give up. I know this is only a passing feeling but I CANT STAND IT!!!
    Ok I guess Im done venting. Thanks fore letting me!!!

Im hanging in there
    not with a rope
    Melinda
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Don't give up! I also live in California but very far north of you. We get lots of rain and cold in the winter. At least you usually have nice weather.

But I understand the rain and cold. It hurts. But, spring is coming! Hooray!

Take care,
    Sue
  3. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Hi Melinda,

I am in southern California and dealing with the rain myself and it is quite cold outside and inside parts of the house are cold. Soooo I am pretty much stuck in my room and got my mattress heat pad going. As long as I can manage up and down the stairs to get something eat I will be okay.

I know that where you are and further up northern California has been getting lots of rain and cold snaps.

Anyway hang in there Melinda and I will keep you in my thoughts.

Much love,
    Nicole
    [This Message was Edited on 03/03/2006]
  4. matthewson

matthewson New Member

Literally! We had a storm front come through in Michigan, and I have had horrible pain for 3 days now! Pain level is finally going down today!

Vent all you want! It helps to get those feelings out!

Take care, Sally
  5. anakinkaid

anakinkaid New Member

I live in Seattle and it rains here all the time. And my ME/CFIDS just gets worse when it pours (like every other day here).

Glad to know I'm not alone in thinking there's a connection. Thanks for the posts! Does anyone know WHY the pain and aches get worse when it is cold and wet? I'm still trying to figure this disease out.

Ever - Ana
  6. Yucca13

Yucca13 Member

We have had lots of high wind last night and continuing today in the high desert of California. It is very unsettling. We often get the barametric changes, but the storms blow on by us. It definitely increases the pain scale for me. For some reason, the few storms we've had this year have affected me more than all the rain last year. Weird!

Before we know it the warm weather will be here in the deserts. Let's hope we don't have a brutally hot, humid summer!
    Hugs,
    val
  7. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I am also in CA and hurting, I think it is barometric pressure changes. Even my husband is aching.

I am just taking it easy and staying warm - hope you feel better soon...
  8. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

Long beach california here and iam hurting and very tired even though i havent done and cant do a darn thing today, if the rain and cold are this bad for us then what do we have for good weather for us? I know here we have it all but i really dont remember an in between weather and i have been here my whole life,but hey then again i cant remember what i just wrote,lol. take care all and i hope we all do better soon,marieann
  9. mlrarr

mlrarr New Member

It does seem like every time the weather changes I feel like c--p!!
    Im going to go to bed now and TRY TO STAY WARM!!!
    Thanks to everyone who posted I hope yuou guys get to feeling better also

Melinda
  10. ChrisNewton

ChrisNewton New Member

I've been trying to figure this out for a while. Good to finally find some people that have the same triggers.
    My husband had the virus that didn't go away 3 1/2 years ago.
    The outcome was coliac an hashimoto's thyrioditis. These are now both well managed and put back into their box.

However the symptoms he started with are still there. Fatigue, painful joints, poor tolerance to exercise. His next stop is an immunologist who I guess will now tell us he has CFS.

The one thing that I have never been able to get our head around is why rain has always been a trigger. We live in warm Brisbane Australia. Colin just needs a drop in the barametric pressure and an overcast day to trigger
    - making him warm with
    - joints and muscles aching
    - early night to bed with a solid 10-11 hours sleep
    - waking up tired.

I also know that last winter were 2 of his worst months. I hope that does not become a pattern every winter.

I've almost stop mentioning the rain as a trigger to our family doctor as he says he has never heard of such a thing. He is more understanding of physical exercise causing prolonged recovery. Good to hear that we do belong to a group with similar experiences.

I would love to see some reaseach done on the topic, if anyone know of any can you let me know.

I have written Colin's story at www.newtonhouse.info/coeliac.htm

Many thanks
    Chris