Cold skin patches anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JQP, Jan 2, 2006.

1. JQP

JQP New Member

Does anyone suffer with cold skin patches, not all over, but when the rest of the body is hot? I've had it for a number of years, and have always thought it was to do with the FMS, but someone has suggested it might be due to 'something else'. As if I need anything else!

I describe it as the skin being as cold as 'dead meat, like straight out of the fridge. It makes it impossible to warm up in bed - no heat to reflect.....however I also have the opposite of radiating heat from the body in other places at exactly the same time. Like last night, the right hand side of the right thigh freezing cold, and the left side area red hot! And I get it summer time as well, though it's not so noticeable then. During the winter months it is quite painful.

2. LClancy

LClancy New Member

Hi jqp,
    "dead meat, like straight out of the fridge", is the perfect description of my outer thighs. yuck Maybe it's a fascia thing or something with the circulation?

LClancy
  3. JQP

JQP New Member

Boy am I glad to know I am not alone...but very sorry at the same time that someone else also suffers.

Do you get it anywhere else on your body? I also have tops of arms, or from the elbow down...midriff and sometimes the worst is buttocks, but again not all over. At one time I thought it was because of my weight and sitting on them, stopping the blood supply...logic then said 'but I don't sit on my midriff'!!

Thanks for the reply...think I will definitely bring it up with the doctor on my next visit (couple of weeks time)
  4. kch64

kch64 New Member

Yes. the other night I was at the computer and my left hand was warm while my right hand was ice cold.

I told my husband. I'm right handed so you think it would be the other way around (LOL)

No rhyme or reason.

Kendra
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

...and the first worry is blood clot? Had doppler so that is OK. It is odd, I get outer thigh and foot instep. Also when getting these I notice I get cracks at corners of my mouth that are sore-anyone else?
    Cromwell
  6. JQP

JQP New Member

I've got one at the moment...appeared yesterday, and cold legs and bum is unbearable today....feet feel too hot and are tingling as if they have been thawed...but they weren't cold! I've been walking around with the wheat bag and whacking on my legs when I sit down just to try and get some heat there. Not working...
  7. AngieSW

AngieSW New Member

These cold skin patches are strange. I have had them for several days now. Mine happens mostly on my upper thighs. The skin feels even cold to the touch. It gets very uncomfortable when there's a cold draft in the room. The rest of my body feels warm. When I use a heating pad across my lap I end up with a hot flash. Go figure! "Dead cold slabs of meat" is a perfect description.