Cold sores

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aeronsmom, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I have 2 big cold sore on the top and bottom of my mouth and I am in BIG pain from it..this is all because of me sitting in the sun on Sunday..this happens all the time when I am in the sun too long of a hurts to open my mouth and I can't eat, and it hurts to talk.

Anyone know how I can help with the pain as well as the speed of recovery of it?

Love to all, Ann
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Have you tried baking soda? That's what people used when I was a kid.

Pro Health may have some stuff that's recommended on the internet like lysine, echinacea, bee propolis and reishi (mushroom).

Good luck.

3. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I use carmex the MOMENT I feel the tingle happening of a cold sore getting ready to "bloom" on my lip. It is available at drug store, Walmart, etc.

It it over-the counter salve in a tiny white jar with a yellow lid. I keep reapplying this to the cold sore area so that crusty thingy doesn't form. My cold sores heal soooooooooo much faster when I use this stuff.

I get cold sores if I go out into the sun too. I also get them if I'm stressed.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/19/2007]
  4. blueski31717

blueski31717 New Member

I too have tried carmex but used it for chapped lips boy was that a mistake. As soon as I applied it I could feel the cold sore coming on. It might work for you though. I use campophinique (sp) in the little tube for lips. It burns like heck going on but then has a numbing effect. It also helps dry mine up faster. Just works for me is all.