Cold sweats anyone???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ellie-b, Aug 13, 2005.

1. ellie-b

ellie-b New Member

I feel just awful, I have had cold sweats all summer, to the point that my clothes are wet, my pillow wet and I feel like I am just dripping sweat. People around me may be a little warm or maybe hot but nothing that I am going through.
    I also am so dizzy when I stand up I have to grab onto something to keep from passing out. I have been going to the FFC in Salt Lake, the DR. seem puzzled and has increased my harmons, and gave me a pain patch. I am thinking I may have something in addition to Fibro,
    I really appreciate you all, when I have a question I come here and can usually get some answers. Thanks ellie-b
  2. CFIDSNicole

CFIDSNicole New Member

I have night sweats on a fairly regular basis (I'm 26 so no menopause here)--it is so disgusting! Yuck!

During the day, I do sometimes get cold sweats, such as while grocery shopping (gotta love the freezer section!). It isn't anxiety at all; I think I just overdo it. When I vacuum, especially, I break out into a horrible cold sweat and get all shaky and weak and pale. I usually need to lay down because I get dizzy when this happens.

I can't really offer any help--I just live with it, but I wanted you to know that I think I know what you are talking about.

Nicole
  3. ellie-b

ellie-b New Member

still asking about sweats???
    [This Message was Edited on 08/13/2005]
  4. WeBee7

WeBee7 New Member

I have been taking a lot ofshowers, and washing more clothes. I mean I drip sweat. Doctor thinks anxiety, I'm not sure. Usually happens when I have to think too hard (if that doesnt sound wierd) or get around too many people. I don't know...just kind of something I deal with. I sometimes can't believe the amount that I sweat though. Happy showers.
    karyn
  5. siiri

siiri New Member

Cold sweats most of the time. My clothes are just wet. I cannot seem to find a place or things to help me. I hate it. I do much better at home but when I go out here it comes - hot, hot, wet, wet. I hate it. I did keep my air conditioning down very low but that has proven so expen sive thatg I have tried to keep it at 77 and have fans all over the house to help. And help it does but get away from the fans and I am so miserable. I started taking premarin again and it has helped a little. Have been off of it for about two years so perhaps I have toi catch up and get enough extra Premarin and it willl not be so bad. I don't know. However, I find that most of the time I have a feeling of well-being and I would not trade that for anything. Great. My husband left me last year, just could not take it any more he said. After 22 years. Also took m ost of my money. He figured that he had put forth such a valiant effort for me that he deserved it. Funny, I am happy, not scared an d have $556 a month coming in. Kind of freeing. Me, from m ink coats, Mercedes, maids, extra place at Hilton Head, all gone and I am happy. Cool.

Siiri
  6. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I get them every day. It's strange to have so much sweat dripping off you and my body still feels cold as ice.

My normal body temperature runs about 95.5 (normal???) I also have hypothyroidism with the FMS. Could be medications. It's certainly not menopause, my hormone level is zero! Dizziness can come from low blood pressure. Mine runs about 90 over 60. Never stand up fast.

I'm going to ask my rheumatologist on Monday when I see him. I'll let you know if I learn anything.

Regards,

Eileen