cold weather and flares

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mischuv, May 31, 2006.

1. mischuv

mischuv New Member

I just read a post about hot weather causing flares and wondered if anyone else experiences the opposite...
    I find that when the weather is going to change (eg huge drop in temp, from hot sunny to cold and wet, dry to wet etc) or when it's cold that I find it causes my pain to be worse.

Atm it is about 13 degrees celcius here and the temp has been no more than 16 degrees at anytime over the past few weeks and I'm finding that my pain is bad and that the things that normally releive it don't last as long. I have the central heating set to 23 degrees (it wont go any higher) but still feel cold.

Anyone else experience this?
  2. mischuv

mischuv New Member

I'm glad it's not just me lol Apprently the humidity right now is 73% and it's just 12 degrees here and it's 230 in the afternoon so not much chance of warming up ;( too cold for my liking.... Do you guys have alot of really cold weather over in WA? Or alot of pressure changes? My mum used to live in Kalgoorlie for a few years and her partner is back there again now she used to always ring up saying it was cold and it was 20 + degrees while it was 10-15 here...
  3. ellie5320

ellie5320 New Member

hi I live on central vic and the changable weather is really testing me also. we get frosts here but usually a nice day after but I do not wander far from the warmth.my dr even asked if weather made a difference to my pain
    Linda