Cold Weather Has Begun In UK!! BBRRR!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RENA0909, Oct 18, 2005.

1. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

Hi
    Yesterday was like a summers day...loverly and warm.

Today is like a real wintery day!!The wind had such a chill to it.
    My bones were sooooo cold and the pain in my body was all over.It gave me a migraine and I could not get warm.....and I am usually in my shorts cos I burn all over day and night with my fibro.Had to wear big sweater and long pants today.

Have to get ready for the winter so I am prepared lol!
    Get all my fleecy Pjs and things out and so I dont get caught out!lol.

Warm hugs to all
    Rena

2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

It is sunny here today, but the wind is very cold. I don't mind the cold as much as I mind the darkness and the rain. We live on the west coast so it doesn't very cold, but it is dark and rainy all winter. The dampness is what makes me hurt clear through.

Sorry about you migraine and your pain...glad you have warm jammies so the winter will not be so hard on you.

Hope tomorrow your headache is gone and doesn't come back.

Take care!
    Sue
  3. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

I know what you mean about the rain and the dark nights!!!

The rain causes pain to me also!
    I dont really go anywhere when it rains....but if it is cold I know I can wear fleecy stuff and survive the trip to shops(which is only 3 mins away lol)

Rena

4. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Rena,
    I'm sorry the weather is hard on you. That penetrating, painful cold is awful, isn't it?

Here where I live, in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains (California), it's still sunny and comfortable. But soon the rains will come, with drops as big as quarters.

One thing we do get around this time is wildlife, looking for water, at the summer's end. We have a mountain lion that was seen fairly close, and before that, a bear. Squirrels and woodpeckers are having argumehts in the branches of the trees, probably arguing over territory of some kind. For a city girl, this is great fun.

I am starting to get my firewood ready, though. Not looking forward to a winter of feeling toxic.

Here's hoping that your pain lessens.
    Hugs,
    Terry