Cold Weather Make Pain Worse?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bre_Bre, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Bre_Bre

Bre_Bre New Member

The weather here has turned cold and the past couple of days have been much worse on me. Matter of fact I had to call in b/c I just couldnt go in to work today. My job is hard anyway b/c its a real physical job and I have to push myself most days. I have a lot of shoulder and neck pain but since its turned cold I hurt all over and my feet hurt so bad I cant hardly walk. I dont even feel like getting out of bed. Does the cold weather make any of you hurt worse?
    Thanks,
    Bre_Bre
  2. Sachmo

Sachmo New Member

I was diagnosed last year at the end of the winter. I have had symptoms for about three years. I think that the cold weather is a little worse, however, I really notice weather changes.

If it changes from warm to cold, rainy to sunny or sunny to rainy I have a lot of pain and a difficulty walking. I have found that I have a much more difficult time in the morning.
  3. Bre_Bre

Bre_Bre New Member

Thank you Sachmo for replying. Now that you mention it, the weather changes do make me feel worse but cold weather seems to make me hurt worse all over. I know we all have a difficult time with this DD.
    Blessings to you,
    Bre_Bre
  4. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

When the weather changes that is really going to be a bad day till I or should I say my body ? adjusts to it .. I really stiffen up with the cold ( hands really hurt ) .. then when thawing out in the house it smarts a bit .. funny .. I don't get that reaction from coming in from the heat of summer to our AC .. just relief ! haha
    So .. if I had to choose .. yes .. cold is harder to adjust to .. I think most of us are like that .. but when I have a hotflash I stick my head in the freezer or use cold gel packs on my neck .. go figure ? LOL
    Good Luck !
    Fudge : )
  5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

we have a lot of damp, rainy weather here in scotland and it just kills me. I dont do well with the cold or on very hot days, but the dampness is the worst for me.

love
    Rosie
  6. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

The weather changes are horrible for me. Any time a new weather shift comes in, I can feel it and my head aches first - then the rest of my body, etc. The winter months and the cold are usually the worst for me because I am always cold and can't get warmed up. Lately though, I've felt as if I've had a constant fever that I just can't shake and so I've been warm all the time. I just can't ever get it right!!
  7. Suzan

Suzan New Member

It has turned cold here...damp, rainy, and 40s..and I am having more pain. I also had a rough summer..but the pain wasn't as painful! But, I had fatigue..and achiness all summer too. But now..with the cold..it is worse...and I am NOT looking forward to all the months ahead...just waiting for warm air again!
  8. dononagin

dononagin New Member

the cold does me in.. I have raynaulds so my hands and feet really give me trouble..my joints are alot worse in the cold too.. also seems like I catch everything!!
  9. XKathiX

XKathiX New Member

Count me in! I'm in the Northeast and I also have osteo-arthritis, so rain, damp, and cold bother me alot.

Kathi
  10. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

and cold sends me into hibernation.

yesterday was first day this year to drop below 65 at night...it kills me.

Weather changes kill me too.

I use my electric blanket year round...in the south...85 degree nights makes no difference...the house temp for the comfort of the rest is way to cold for my blood..and feet and fingers and nose!

11. katbird7

katbird7 New Member

I can say yes to everything everyone posted. Cold weather really puts me under, but even weather changes affect me. I always heard it was the barometer drop that affects rheumatoid diseases.
  12. Bre_Bre

Bre_Bre New Member

To all of you! Atleast I know its not all in my head! So many people think your crazy but I know I AM NOT!! This DD is so hard to deal with. I am trying real hard not to let it get me down but its so hard not to get real depressed sometimes. This message board is a God send to me.
    Thanks To All!

Bre_Bre

13. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

I'm in the midwest also, but even in the 95 degree summer, me and my heating pad are together at night! My roommate thinks it is crazy how I can use a heating pad when it is so hot! : )
  14. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

I live in East Texas, so it's just now getting kind of cold. Today is one of our first cold mornings, and my poor old body is feeling the effects.

I do better in warm weather. Even though we don't get extremely cold here, it's cold enough to make me feel like I'm stiff as a board!!

I used to hear older folks say that the weather affected their joints. I thought that was crazy. Well, the old folks knew what they were talking about!!

Kinsie
  15. brit_17759

brit_17759 New Member

The cold weather does make my pain and stiffness worse.....dreading it when the winter really starts here in Ontario:(.

hugs
    brit
  16. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

We are under a winter weather advisory today until 8pm.

3 to 6 inches expected...

The cold is a killer, it sends a skewer right thru my hips - now if someone would just rotate me over a fire pit, I'd be in good shape!!!

Sharon
  17. lazygrant

lazygrant New Member

i live in michigan. I HATE the cold. im already praying for summer! its gonna be a long winter.
  18. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

The cold weather is heck on me. My elbow has been quite painful for the past two weeks. And evrything hurts today as it was even spitting snow this AM. My hands hurt so bad when I go outside. Even with gloves. And I feel as if I just want to go home and curl up with a blanket and my dogs and hibernate. HMMMM but it seems they won't pay me to do that..
  19. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

I have OA and FM and I find that I make a great barometer. However, I live in Western Canada where the winters are COLD, but dry. I feel pretty good during the winter. It is the humidity that does a number on me. Rain or wet snow will do it everytime.
  20. rosed2

rosed2 New Member

I can say is YES I feel the same as you do Bre_Bre

Rosed2