cold weather

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rockinrobin, Feb 19, 2006.

1. rockinrobin

rockinrobin New Member

I'm just curious if anyone else was in LOTS of pain yesterday when the midwest went from 50 degrees to 8 w/in a day? It was awful for me, I was just wondering if others had a more than usual pain problem. My hubby had to work, & we he came home, he said I must feel awful because he could tell I was in pain. Needless, I broke down, which I never do unless it's extreme. I know I can't be the only one!
  2. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

Probably a bunch of us, my heating pad has not been far away at all.
    I'm in Texas, and this bitter cold is rare here, in East Texas.
    It was 27 degrees this morning, and now at 9pm, it is only 30 degrees.
    I've broke down to tears many times also, (((((hugs)))))
    to you.
    Take care and stay warm, Karen
  3. Marjidoll

Marjidoll New Member

Same thing here in Western Pennsylvania. We went from 60 degrees to single digits in a day and it threw me into a huge flare too.

In fact, my husband said this morning that must be the reason for the increase in my pain and other symptoms.

Weird, isn't it?
  4. Paracelsus

Paracelsus New Member

RockinRobin, here in the Midwest we are used to sudden changes in the weather.

By the way, a certain percentage of the normal population (around 25% if I remember correctly)is very sensitive to weather changes (especially when cold fronts and storms move in). Weather sensitivity can exhibit symptoms like malaise, headaches, susceptibility to colds, etc.

When a person is severely ill and also weather sensitive that makes for an interesting combination. Add extremely cold weather and things get really interesting!

The best attitude to have is to take the good and bad life offers with equanimity.

Best of luck. Get well.
  5. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I'm in Southern Idaho and it's very COLD. My pond is ice so deep I can't brake it up. I'm so ready for spring.lol Cold hurts me too.
    Dee50