Collapsed with back pain still on floor after 5 days!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RENA0909, Jun 3, 2010.

1. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

I damaged my coccyx 30 years ago and my back used to go on me all the time.Been ok since I had to stop work 12 years ago due to an op causing severe fibro.

I knew my back was getting bad again the last few weeks because I kept getting that scary pain that I get before it goes on me so I was using my strong back belt which does help support it, taking strong painkillers and using a walking stick because I was worried.

On Sunday I put my empty cup in the sink and then screamed with pain because I felt as though my spine had snapped!I fell onto the worktop and cried trying to get myself down to the floor.I then crawled over to the carpet and just lay there not able to move an inch cos of the pain!

I rang my hubby to come home and I knew there was nothing he could to to help me.We rang NHS direct(uk)where a doctor assesses your condition over the phone and they sent doc out to see me and prescribe Tramadol 8x daily and Diazepam 2x daily.I already take co-codamol for pain and they told me to stay on floor ,keep warm until I am well enough to go see them or go for an xray.

I cannot lift my head up/sit up or lie on my back.I have to eat/drink laying on my side and have to slowly painfully kneel to use a potty.It is embarrassing for me and my hubby cos he has to wipe my butt!He said he did not know it was so big lol.

He has been great taking care of me.The days are very boring but the strong painkillers are knocking me out so at least that keeps some of the pain levels down.
    The sun is actually shining here in uk,thw best it has been all year and I am here on the floor.
    Hoping to be up and about by next week.Id rather be here than in hospital!

Take care

2. goneee

goneee New Member

I am so sorry you are going through what you are with your back. I too have a lot of back issues due to a bad car accident and the least little thing can put me down for weeks.

You are very fortunate to have such a loving husband to help you.

I pray you will be up and about very quickly. Take care of yourself and I will keep you in my prayers.

3. skeptik2

skeptik2 Member

on that floor!

Today I was in the car, in the garage, getting ready to go to a dr.
    app't. I put my feet on the brake and lifted my body up to put the
    cushion under myself, and my problem L4/5 disk ruptured again!

I stayed in the car and my roomie gave me an ice pack. I got to
    the drs and bent over and taking baby steps, saw the nurse who
    got the dr. to Rx tramadol and naproxen, two meds I already had
    at home. They told me 3 days on ice packs, then heat.

Yours sounds much worse, and I would go to the emergency room
    by ambulance if I couldn't even get off the floor! You need an MRI
    to see what happened to you, don't you think?

Best to you...