collar bone....pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cinlou, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

Hello there everyone,

Have any of you experienced collar bone pain?
    I have just started getting pains across my collar bones.
    I have overall pain and stiffness, always pain in the neck,and lumbar region. Now I seem to be getting this pain too.

I really think FM is progressive for many of us. The pain from degenertive disc disease just makes it worse.The constant cycle of pain. It is just a none stop problem.

The constant neck pain in the muscles pulls on the neck and agrivates the DDD, and then that agrivates the fibro, it goes on and on....

Now the collar bone pain...does it ever stop??? I have pain under the rib cage too...
    What next?
    Just plain tired,

Cindy
  2. fifthofanickel

fifthofanickel New Member

about a yr. & a half ago...It was so bad I couldn't move my arms. I tried heat, cold, all the stuff you do when in pain, to no avail..I finally gave up & went to my family practioner...I don't go to the doc often, so my hubby knew I was hurting..

I wasn't too crazy about getting cortisone injections, as I've never had that done b4, but I was desperate. It did work for me & I only have a small am't of pain every once in awhile. I'm wary of the severe pain coming back, but so far, so good.

Hopefully you can get to a doc & get something figured out to help you. It's no fun....

Hugs & Blessings;
    Fifth
  3. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

That is a biggie for me. I always know I'm in a flare when I have pain in that area. It burns.

Lolalee
  4. MtnDews

MtnDews New Member

Cindy,
    Yes, I have the awful collar bone pain as well as the lumbar pain. I thought FM was progressive too until I wrote out a list for my rheumy of all the medical issues I'd had from birth on up...anything that I could remember. My doctor read the list and said, "No wonder! You probably have Ehlers Danlos!" (It's never a good sign when your doctor gets excited like that.) Sure enough, I was later diagnosed (again) with EDS by a genetic doctor. It explains all of the progression and pain. Might be something for you to look into as well.
    H.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There are several tender spots for FMS. The chest area is especially vulnerable to pain from inflammation.

If Dr. St. Amand is correct and our bodies store phosphate debris in our soft tissue, it makes sense that when one area is full, the body will start storing it in another area.

My reversal from the Guai Protocol started with my oldest tender spots and worked its way to the newest. I'm not sure FMS is progressive so much as we just get more and more tender spots as time goes on unless something, like the Guai, reverses the process.

Love, Mikie