college course....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shelbyeatenton, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Shelbyeatenton

Shelbyeatenton New Member

I gave up work in august of last year as i was unable to stand/walk very far and make it throught a full day because of my FM.

Since then i have got a lot worse than that and have been in a wheelchair for a good few months. Dont misunderstand me, im not saying this to complain, what i mean is i am starting to lose hope.

The pain is terrible, so is the exhaustion, but i just felt like i needed to so SOMETHING. So i enrolled on a course at college.

I worte a post not long ago about how i used to dance and how i felt cheated because it had been taken away. You all helped me realise that i had to treat it like it is. A loss. Something i can't do anymore. That i need to move on.

The course i chose is a counselling course. It's only 3 hours a week for 11 weeks, 6 - 9, which is my best time of day and the college will arrange for a taxi to pick me up and take me back free of charge through their student services because of the benefits i'm on.

I'm excited that i have enrolled. But what if i cant do it? How can i help myself to do it?

3 hours is a long time to concentrate. The tutor said there would be two breaks, but i know i'll be exhausted after, but wouldn't it be worth it?

I don't any thoughts would be much appreciated,

Best wishes,
    Shelby
    xxxxx
  2. katykat24

katykat24 New Member

If you rest the day of and the day after, it will help? Just to not do anything before and after might help?

I had to take some time off from school starting in December, but have enrolled in a class that is 2.5 hrs long once a week - with resting the day after, it really helps a lot.

I hope you find something that works for you.
    Best of luck,
    Katy