Colloidal Silver for yeast infections?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Did anyone see the view today, besides the acidopholus the dr. recommended colloidal silver for chronic yeast infections as she said the over the counter creams quit working after a while. Interesting. Is this a pill or how do you take it, and what brand is good?
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

For fungla, bacterial, and viral infections. It's microscopic particles of silver suspended in purified water. Don't skimp and buy cheap stuff. The smaller the silver particles, the better it works. You can also buy a machine to make your own. Dr. Nicolson advises using cs with the ABX for mycoplasma infections.

It is used in a nonmedical form to clear up funguses in swimming pools and is very effective.

It is an urban myth that using it will turn you blue or gray. You could not possibly take enough of it to do that.

Love, Mikie
  3. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

I have heard lots of good things about it. A friend made me some that I am going to start taking today. You mix a cup to a gallon of pure water(NO CHLORINE) or anything else can be in the water. I can't remember the breakdown for smaller amounts right now(brain fog)but I will let you know how it goes for me. It is very expencive to buy and there are lots of different kinds. make sure if you buy it that it says Colloidal silver on the bottle cuz some of it is different and from what I have heard, the colloidal is the way to go. Good luck....hopefully you can find more info from someone who has used it....~hugs~Mick!!
  4. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

I have heard lots of good things about it. A friend made me some that I am going to start taking today. You mix a cup to a gallon of pure water(NO CHLORINE) or anything else can be in the water. I can't remember the breakdown for smaller amounts right now(brain fog)but I will let you know how it goes for me. It is very expencive to buy and there are lots of different kinds. make sure if you buy it that it says Colloidal silver on the bottle cuz some of it is different and from what I have heard, the colloidal is the way to go. Good luck....hopefully you can find more info from someone who has used it....~hugs~Mick!!
  5. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I've found that it's useful with regard to nasal infections. (It comes in nasal squirt bottles.) My doctor thinks so too.

My doctor doesn't think it does anything when used internally. I used some for a while and didn't notice a good or bad effect. It's hard to tell.

I've never heard of anyone else getting sick from this, but I've never heard of anyone else getting sick from Vitamin C either. I've not read or heard anything about its being dangerous. My doctor didn't suggest that it had any negative potential when I talked to him about it.....he just didn't believe it would help.

Of course, some people are sensitive to a wide variety of things. Always proceed with caution regardless of what you're taking, of course.

6. gnanny

gnanny New Member

I was given some after a family friend noticed my hobble from arthritic knees. It was a noticeable difference, every little bit helps.

my husband bought me a silvergen for my birthday last month so I can make my own now.

Puritans pride also has good sales...buy one get two free...

I have heard of using it externally also for cuts and scrapes. Can even be used on your pets.
    Well worth looking into.

best wishes, stephanie
  7. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

My mother and I went together and bought a colloidal silver generator so I make it for my family.

It silver electrically generated into distilled water for 3 hours with the generator we use.

It is considered a natural antibiotic.

I took 1-2 oz a day for 2 months and a cyst (I'd had for 10 yrs.) deep under the skin, above my ear, drained by itself.

I'll take it for a couple of months then stay off for a couple of months. I don't want it to lose it's effectiveness.

I also use it on my body where I have cysts, scratches, etc.

I wipe my cats eyes with it and put a few drops in their water bowl.

Take care,
    Susan07
  8. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I'm perplexed by your reactions to various substances and foods, in a curious way. I'm starting to feel like if we could figure out why you get all these reactions, it might be of help to understanding this DD in general.

Might you give a list of all the things that you react to? Or would it take too long?

9. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

How would you use colloidal silver for vaginal infections? Is it sold as a cream?

How safe are those generators? I would be afraid that I'd do something wrong and that the dosage would be too strong.