Colon biopsy done.hurting bad, had to go to ER Wed.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Christinawensell, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

Thank you for the comments,I thought I would give an update.

We'll Tuesday they did the biopsy and yes it is like a colonoscopy like some of you said and it involves the biopsy's. The doctor ended up doing 5 biopsy's. Unfortunatly I was not sedated at all. This past year year they have found me to be allergic to almost all the pain meds that they can possibly give me. So I ended up having to suffer through. My doctor was wonderful and he tried making jokes through the procedure so I could think of other things, but it jsut was not helping.
    Then on Wednesday due to me being on corrective action here at work I came in to work for the day. I was in severe pain and was crying at times. I was taking 800 milligams of ibuprofin(which is one of the only things(during the day) I can take along with Flexerol in the evening, but still hurting all over. I think the procedure really stirred up my fibro. I was running a temp and felt like someone ran over me with a truck.
    I called my doctor and told him how I was feeling and they said I needed to go to the ER as soon as possible, and let them know I was in outpatient surgery on Tuesday in their facility to get my records.
    Wednesday I left early from work and went to the ER where the doctor there said in responce to me saying I had no meds during the procedure " We'll it is not neccasary to have to give that for that procedure" I wanted to send him to the outpatient surgery area and have them do it to him and then have him say that to me. Anyways he ran test after test. They found I was very anemic- some due to me havign my menstal cycle (sorry guys) and also bleeding from the biopsy's from my rectum. He suggested iron supplements (which I am already taking on a daily basis). He could not understand why I was feeling that way but all the x-rays came back okay and I had no infection that they could see on their tests. he then proceeded to say I could go back to work tomorrow and signed me out. Would you believe on my ER papers for release he put down ok to return to work. I left there at midnight am was in pain is he crazy.
    We'll guess what on Thursday I just took white out and where it said return to work I just cleared it out. It looks as if it was never there. I copied that, stayed home yesterday and am back to work still in pain today. Oh we'll I have the weekend now.
    Please keep me in your prayers we are moving this next weekend so I will have to help pack this weekend, and I already am suffering.

Thanks for listening sorry so long.
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

You poor dear...that sounds just terrible. It seems that something should be done to help you...good move about the job. You said you had the weekend, but you have to pack. Will you get time to rest? Please do what you can to rest.

Take care...I'm so sorry about all of this. You are a strong, brave person.

Sue
  3. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

Thank you Sue and Anenana:

I will try to rest is more like it. I am struggling that is

for sure. The hardest thing for me on a daily basis is that

I am so weak and tired all the time, but I still have to

find the energy to go to work, be supportive of my children

and my husband and on top of all that support my mom.

I don't support her financially just emotionally (which I

don't have enough of most of the time) I just try to

listen to her. She was diagnosed with Guillan Barre'

syndrom about 5 years ago and she went from a totally

independent person to someone who had to depend on others

to move, breathe etc. She one minute was walking and talking

to a few hours later being on lifesupport and being

paralyzed from head to toe. She now walks and everything

like she did before but just like me she gets very weak and

can not do all the things she used to or that she wants to

do. It is very hard for me to get her to understand that

the same thing she is going through I am also. She thinks

sometimes I am being very lazy. She calls me about 5-10

times a day crying (which I am depressed alot anyways) and

tells me how much no one understands about what she is

going through and that they want so much. I just tell her

how much I appreciate her and that I am here and I listen to

what she says. I printed out that letter that someone posted

recently that said to my family and freinds about fibro.

Where it says you have 5 miles of energy and you have a 25

mile day. Boy do I feel like that. She loved it, but only

can see her in it and not what I am going through. It is

hard some days and now to have to go through this and moving.

"Life is what you make it, Just embrasse it even though the

heart aches sweeter days are yet to come." That is from a song

I sing alot I just keep looking for the sweeter days.

Here is to the sweeter days yet to come for all of you.

Thank you, I think the more pain I am in today the more

I want to write, sorry so long,

Christina
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

I am so sorry that you are suffering so much. The colon biopsy sounds terrible but I am very glad that you had some whiteout! :)

You seem to have an awful lot to deal with on an everyday basis - and then to be moving on top of it all!

Please take care of yourself.
    Pepper
  5. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

I'm so sorry that you hurt so bad. I had the same thing done many times and they didn't give me anything.This goes back 30 yrs. and they never give anyone pain relievers, at that time. And the gas was so bad, that they use to blow the colon away from the scope. I was in agony though the whole thing. Now they give me something before they do it.
    Hugs Shirley
  6. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

Just reading what you are handling makes me cry. I wish I could help you somehow. Jana
  7. mumsey55

mumsey55 New Member

I've had the same procedure BUT with anesthetic. I can't imagine going without it. Have you considered a spinal? You would still be awake, but numb from the waist down? If you haven't tried that, I think it would be worth a try. I just had a sigmoidoscopy (just at the very beginning) without anything and thought I was dying. I've had the other too, but with anesthetic. Good luck with whatever you do.
    Mumsey55
  8. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

You are lucky the paper you got from the ER was white as the copy we get is colored and you could never get by using whiteout.

I am sorry you have had so much pain and had to go through the procedure without any pain meds.

Good luck on your moving. Sorry about your mom too. Try to rest between packing. Hope you have some help with that.

Hugs,
    Faye