Colonoscopy anyone???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chickabee, Jan 25, 2006.

1. chickabee

chickabee New Member

I had a colonoscopy right before Christmas,( what a way to celebrate the holiday) was wondering if anyone else has had one and shortly after had definite improvement in pain???????? Am I losing my mind, or doing wishful thinking???? I can now walk up and down my stairs one foot at a time instead of using both feet on each step because of the pain. I don't have the extreme stiffness in the morning now either. Will this last? Nanc
  2. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I've had 3 of them.. I never had any kind of improvement from them.. Maybe the clean out process helped you?? (getting rid of toxins or whatever..)

Whatever it is that helped I hope it lasts for you!!
  3. saphire27

saphire27 New Member

i never had an improvement from having it done. But it's something i must do. I am only 34 and i have had to do them every three years, due to my crohns disease.

I am now 2 years OVER DUE, i just recently finally set it up with the doctor, i've been over due becuase i've moved so much in the last 3 years.

It just might be the cleaning of your system that helped you, i suppose it's good to do that once in awhile, but i can't hold the stuff you drink down, it comes right back up. yukkkk.

peace
  4. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I was hoping that the detox from the go-go juice would help my other conditions...no such luck!!! I have been over fogged, worse than I have ever been...
    I am also on Prednsione and Cipro so that may be contributing to it, but I know my FMS/CF is in full swing...
    This was my 3rd colonoscopy and the worst outcome and the worst afterwards...
    I think my dd's are getting worse, my records seem to indicate it...
    I hope it doesn't get much worse than this, I am barely sitting upright and coherent...
    I would agree with the previous poster, if you are feeling well it is prob due to the toxin cleanse, try to eat well and keep up the good work, and ENJOY the reprieve!
  5. chickabee

chickabee New Member

I thought I would have to drink that "horrible" stuff too, but come to find out, my insurance paid for the LARGE pills instead. They are hugh, and you have to take 4 every 15 minutes. I'm suprised they stayed down. It wasn't as bad as that liquid stuff. Good luck Saphire when you get yours done. It certainly does clean you out very well... I was shocked when I looked at the tv and saw how clean you can get... hopefully i can keep myself in better shape for now.

6. chickabee

chickabee New Member

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling so very bad. Wish there was a magic remedy for all sufferers of this dd!!
    ((((((((((soft hugs)))))))))) to you. nanc