Colonoscopy Over I'm Home

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SusanEU, Aug 14, 2006.

1. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

Well, I 'm home and fine. There were no polyps.

Even the prep was not as bad as I was prepared for. All I remember is feeling a couple of cramps during the procedure and the doctor saying sorry when I said ouch.

I wasn't expecting to be quite so groggy and dizzy when I woke up, but fine now. To me that was the worst part.

Then you all go in the recovery room while they walk around seeing if you are passing lots of gas, which struck the 6 year old in me as quite amusing.

So everybody that's putting it off.

Go for It!!!

Thanks for the support.
    Sue in Ontario

[This Message was Edited on 08/14/2006]
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I was watching for your post. It is natural to worry about something like that but it usually goes just fine. You should sleep well tonight.

Kathy
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

Glad it went good !! I have to go to a Gastro.DR. next week so i will probably have to do the same thing! Yippy!!
  4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Glad the anxiety is over for you and that all
    is well!! Did you get the same guy I did; you know, the
    one who inflates the Thanksgiving Macy Parade Balloons??
    Now I know why GOOFY looks the way he does!

Nice goin',
    MRDAD
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...and glad it's over for you, Susan...
  6. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Glad it went well, Sue. The worse part for me, was drinking that stuff before the test--- YUK!!!!! That made me sick. The test itself, I was sort of awake and watched the actual screen (what a trip)- Literally- Rest Sound

Janet
  7. mrdad

mrdad New Member

When I had mine done the Tech. apologized as the Monitor
    was not working and I wouldn't be able to watch live!!
    I assured him that it was alright that I would just wait
    until it was released on DVD!! Not sure he got it.??

MRDAD
  8. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

glad your home and it went ok! Do you think you could give me some specifics on how you did your prep, what you ate, how many hrs before your test did you start, that kind of thing.

I am having my first one on Thursday, and doing the pico-salax prep as well. Did the dr instruct you to use the dulcolax before you started your prep?

Hope your recovery time (and mine) will be swift!

Raz
  9. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

Thanks again for your support. Means a lot to me.

The new prep is not too bad at all. I actually managed to get some sleep last night (I'm used to being up half the night anyway).

Mrdad you are too funny. We could have blown up a parade balloon in the recovery, what the nurses called jokingly call the "gas chamber".

{{{{{xx}}}}}}}}

Sue in Ontario
  10. kriket

kriket New Member

I am glad that everything is over and turned out ok.

Kriket