Colonoscopy update

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by alaska3355, Nov 18, 2006.

1. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I had my first colonoscopy Friday and it was a piece of cake! Not bad at all! The worst part was not eating anything solid the day before (right, Twinma?) I was always looking for something to eat, but only had jello (ugh, sick of that!), some organic broth and lots of water and clear liquids. I bought a Gatorade but couldn't bring myself to drink it! Everything looked fine down there and I'm good for 10 years now....yay!
  2. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I'm so glad to hear that everything went so well. Yippee for when things work the way they are supposed to!!

Also very glad that all was clear in your pipes. Maybe when you need to have one 10 years from now, it will be an easier process. Thanks for the update!
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Thanks for giving us an update. I had been wondering how you got along. I'm so glad all is well.

Kathy
  4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I think when people hit 50 they should go and have one of these, if at all possible. Early detection of problems is key so don't put it off, people!
  5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I'm glad you had a good visit with your family and your boyfriend....too bad about the airport security! They make everyone feel "shifty!"
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I've had no problems except nausea after the anesthesia, but I almost always have that. The first one I had, they removed polyps and several were precancerous. Colon cancer is slow growing and very preventable. It's well worth the peace of mind to get this test done and get rid of any problems early on.

Love, Mikie