colostrum and transfer factor the same thing?

Discussion in 'Transfer Factor' started by bpmwriter, Jun 21, 2004.

1. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

Hi All,

If I'm already taking an immune product containing Colostrum and Beta Glucan (SeaVive), is there any benefit to taking Transfer Factor too? Is TF just Colostrum?? My naturopath recommended both and I can't figure out why if they both contain Colostrum.

Eddie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Colostrum is usually the bovine product which comes in before the milk after a cow has had a calf. It contains all the immunity the mother has to pass on to her baby. If a calf does not get it, it will likely die.

Transfer factors are colostrum which has been enhanced with pathogens which are put into the colostrum and/or into eggs. Depending on how the colostrum and/or eggs have been enhanced determines which pathogens are targeted.

Taking transfer factor is like taking tiny oral vaccines against these pathogens.

Love, Mikie
  3. loriRn

loriRn New Member

Is there any benifit to taking colostrum and TF at the same time. i was taking the colostrum first,working my way up. Should I keep taking it now that I've started TF, or does'nt it matter?Thanks, lori.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm taking the TF and have gone off the colostrum at least for now. I don't think the colostrum is of that much value when one is on the TF.

Love, Mikie