COLOSTRUM Anyone tried it? I AM starting it

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Elisa, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi ALL,

I have been sloooowly taking colostrum every day. As most of you know it has transfer factors (TF) in it. I have heard from many wiser - it can pack a wallop. Spacee and Rich both express this sentiment.

I started with one drop and increase a drop a week or so, I am up to five drops a day - the Kirkman brand unflavored liquid form.

TFs are supposed to lasso most viruses (make than go dormant) and kill other pathogens - like bacteria and fungus.

The great thing is it is a immune modulator - so it's okay for autoimmune issues that I, and many of us, may have. We know we are up-regulated...

Love to hear you experiences,

2. Elisa

Elisa Member

3. Salix

Salix New Member

I've tried 2-3 brands but they cramp my gut in the same way dairy products do. You know when trying to push through a problem makes it much worse? Well it's that sort. And reduced dose is no help either. Lactoferrin I get away with though. No that it's got owt to do with TF, just with dairy.

The kirkman liquid sounds interesting though, one for my wish list maybe, so thanks for that.

4. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Hi Elisabeth,

I had a hard time with the targeted transfer factors. Thus far just about everything I've used that kills lyme (and to a lesser extent viruses) has made me really sick.

Colostrum and regular transfer factor (which seems to me about the same thing) have felt purely supportive though.

The only thing I felt like they've done is to prevent me from getting colds (or that "I'm almost getting a cold" type feeling).

This was important a while back. I got a bad cold when on the antiviral, and that set me back quite a lot. And I used to have that "I"m almost getting a cold" feeling a lot.

Upon reflection, I've not had it at all since moving out of my house. I hadn't thought of that. I bought some colostrum to have around in case, but stopped using it. (When I was teetering on the edge of getting colds a lot, my doctor told me to take the colostrum daily and then to double or triple the dose if I felt symptoms.)

Coincidence? I don't know.

I hope you feel better soon. I worry about you.

Love, Lisa
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The colostrum and the targeted transfer factors. The colostrum didn't cause a severe immune reaction but the targeted TF's did. It was a month before I could take whole capsules. I had to work up by sprinkling little bits of the powder under my tongue, gradually increasing.

Love, Mikie
  6. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi Lisa,

Thanks so much for the great info - good to know. I hope it is supportive for me too. Actually I hope it does more - but that is what I always hope for.

It was a great surprise to hear from you - thanks for the kind words - really touched me... Words can really provide comfort!

I'll let you know when I hit gold - treatment-wise - hopefully soon - I'm running low on stream.

PS Love your recipes - so amazing - I am not a very talented cook (a better baker) - but I appreciate the creativity.

God Bless,

[This Message was Edited on 06/16/2008]
  7. BrainFogBaby

BrainFogBaby New Member

found it to be very helpful. I'm not dairy sensitive, so that helped. I use a powdered form, stirred into juice or liquid twice daily. Initially, I had a brief herx reaction to it - maybe four or five days of fluish feelings and bad acne, but nothing major or unbearable. I get sick MUCH less frequently (used to get colds bi-monthly), but it hasn't don't anything to lower my viral titers. I think it's a good immune adjudicant for me, personally. I know it doesnt work for everyone though.