Come watch a video I made about a great CFS event--

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kholmes, Jul 12, 2011.

1. kholmes

kholmes New Member

As some of you know, I'm disabled with ME/CFS and in a mobility scooter, but this year I was able to make it out to a wonderful event: an endurance mountain bike race in the mountains of New Mexico. It was the 2nd year of the event and amazingly, it's a fundraiser for CFS.

I took my camera and made a short highlights/informational video of the race, including information about ME/CFS.

Here's the link:
    You can just copy and paste it in your browser to watch it.

On the right side of the link, there are also interviews I did with organizers of the race and members of the CFIDS Assn. of America, that you can watch.

As a former mountain biker, I felt sad not to be able to ride anymore, but I also felt a sense of elation at watching so many healthy people learn about CFS, contribute to research, and ride for those of us that cannot.

Sorry if the motion shots of the trail are a little hard to watch. The video was mainly for the racers, supporters, and people who don't know anything about CFS, but I want to share it with as many people as I can in the CFS community as well. The event gave me a great sense of hope.

If you can think of other places to post this, I'd greatly appreciate it. And feel free to share it with anybody who might be interested to watch it.

That's me in my scooter at the very end.

[This Message was Edited on 07/12/2011]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

What a great video of a great event. I feel like I was there.
    Even feel energized from watching.

Those gals/organizers are doin' a terrific job. And I see Peanut
    was there to help.

Thanks for sharing, Ken.
  3. elliespad

elliespad Member

Ken I can't believe you put this together. It was really beautiful, entertaining, uplifting. You really did a GREAT job.

4. kholmes

kholmes New Member

It was a pleasure doing this video. It helped me feel less powerless about this illness. And the event was a blast to attend.

I've never been much of a CFS activist--never had the energy--but this gave me a creative outlet where I could do this video on my laptop, sitting in my recliner, and help our cause.

Sometimes things can open up in your life when you don't expect them to, little avenues or unexpected surprises.

Of course, they can also totally shut down on you, too. lol
  5. joanierav

joanierav Member

holmes i am impressed!!!!!! i loved , loved , loved it. im trying to e mail it to my friends, but having problems doing it. i keep clicking on "mail to a friend" but nothing is happening. i want them to see this video then maybe they will "get it". *sarcasm*

thanks so much for sending this, so enjoyable.

hugs, joanierav
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I don't think most muggles will ever get it. Well, maybe if we were incorporated
    into a mega hit movie or TV series.

Anyhoo, I often tell my relatives, etc. where they can see this or that on
    Youtube. By and large, I get no response, but maybe you will.

Got an e mail couple weeks ago from an old friend and secretary. She told me
    I could see her new dog on Youtube. It's a Patterdale terrier. Ever hear of such
    a thing? Looks kinda like a small pit bull.

7. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

And I loved the motion shots of the trail - next best thing to actually riding!

Thanks so much for doing this -

8. Scapper

Scapper New Member

Wow!!!!! What a great job you did!!!!!!!

You put this together so nice......uplifting, yet getting the seriousness of our illness across.

Kudos to you for attending and pushing through some difficult feelings -- you inspire me!

I've posted wherever I can.....scapper
  9. slowdreamer

slowdreamer New Member

I have vicariously enjoyed my experience of the Enchanted Forest..Thanks Ken..I remember you from a few years back and your book group etc..Sorry to hear you are using a mobility scooter..I use an Electric Bike,.. similar really except people think ????I am an athlete??? because I wear the gear..Don't move a muscle and if battery dies I have to be rescued..
    Great job with the video..You are always a contributor and an inspiration to me as I think I might have lost the plot a bit over winter..
    I am sure just watching the race sends feel good chemicals around your body..Well done