Comfort Height Toilets....who knew???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Feb 19, 2012.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

This probably qualifies as the oddest title to a post for me ever butt......yes, I did that on purpose!

We had to install new toilets in our house last week and I asked for the highest toilets they had. Ours were the ancient toilets like we had in 6th grade built for little tiny people, which we're not.

I was having so much trouble bending that the pain was serious agony for me so you can multiply that by numerous times a day....needed T-3's just to cut the pain even a little.

I had thought of installing handicapped bars in the bathroom etc....something had to be done.

Wow, I NEVER ever thought the toilet seat height would make such a difference in my life!!!

I know we all struggle with various things in our lives and for me this was a huge problem that I faced daily with such a simple solution that I just had to post.

And I realize that we can't all go run out and buy new toilets....I guess in a way I'm lucky that I had to.

2. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

Several years ago when my hubby was getting more and more handicapped, I went to WGreens and bought a riser for the toilet. It is about 4-5 inches high, resin and easy to clean and sets right on the toilet itself. NOW, I love it the more crippled I get. i go to my childrens' homes and I feel as if I'm going all the way to the floor trying to sit down. Then getting up--------I have nothing to hang on to when trying to stand. Think sometimes I will have to call for help!!!!

The last time I was at #3 son's for a few day, I took it with me. Oh what a help!!!!

The taller toilet does sound wonderful!!!! But, if you can't afford that right now, get the riser. I always wait for a handicap toilet in a restaurant. I can't get up off the others.

Sorry for "butting" in "butt" I did want to give you another idea. Thanks.

Gentle hugs,

3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Lilac, I had never heard of a riser but what a great idea if you can't get a new toilet right now.....

Frieda, you 'crack' me up!!!

I too have started to need the handicapped toilets in restaurants, feel like I'm going all the way to the floor in the regular ones....who were they designed for, kids???

Hugs all,

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If you install a riser or new higher toilet. Our bowels move better when our knees are raised. It was healthier when people used to squat in the forest than when toilets came into use.

I continue to use the old low toilets and I listen to my knees pop every time I lower myself down to the toilet heighth. My neighbors who have installed the new higher toilets would never go back to the wee johns.

Love, Mikie