Comfortable Shoes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jaminhealth, Aug 13, 2012.

1. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

As time goes on my feet hurt more and shoes hurt even more.....so tough to find a craftsman made shoe.

I have never worn SAS shoes YET, but just called our local store to ask if the shoes are still, in fact, made in the U.S. and the person said YES, San Antonio TX...

Then I asked about their sales and they have a entire shoe stock sale in Oct and May in all stores....the sale here in my local store will start the end of Sept...

Needless to say, I'm holding off on any shoe purchase until then....I need to find good comfortable shoes not made in china, vietnam or elsewhere in the world....

So, for anyone interested, thought I'd throw this info out.
  2. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

I look up where NBC were made and it showed some made in USA. They we're over $100. Which is more than I usually pay. I don't know if it was true or not.
  3. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I will need to get new shoes too.

I discovered that my feet are swelling by the end of the day and it means that the good support sneakers I have, need to be purchasd again but in a "wide." I know we're in record breaking heat out here, but this is the first summer foro my feet to swell.

People do not walk bare feet on pavements and on driveways and parking lots because the temperature has been 114 and 115. On a pavement or parking lot that surface can translate upwards to 150 and you must have thick soled shoes to keep that surface heat from coming through your shoes and burning your feet.[This Message was Edited on 08/14/2012]
  4. jaminhealth

which were a U.S. company but NOW going offshore too....the pair I bought recently were made in Vietnam and they were $65 or so....they burned my feet so badly took them back..

I've tried New Balance on at the store we have here who carry all New Balance they were $100+....

No more for me, I'm definitely looking into SAS all leather crafted in U.S. shoes...

Foot comfort is too important. jam
    [This Message was Edited on 08/14/2012]
  5. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

Yes new balance. Look up where they are made. It said USA but maybe it was not updated. They run wide which I need because my feet swell.i wear Ecco too which have a lot of arch support.im going to look up sas.
  6. jaminhealth

historically NB shoes are U.S. made BUT now some production is sent offshore....

This may not bother many, but it bothers me too much...so I'm hoping to find "comfort" with SAS when I go to check them out the end of Sept. for the sales....

PS: I never had shoe issues until arthritis has crept into my feet, and now all these synthetic shoes burn my feet....

The Clarks originally made in england felt so good, but once they sold out to china, the shoes hurt and burned my feet.....

I still wear some Clarks made in england and they feel good, but showing their age and I'm not getting the support as good now.[This Message was Edited on 08/14/2012]
  7. jaminhealth

and today I'm taking them back....first of all I should have bought the 1/2 size larger, I was back and forth on that as both were comfortable in the store and the larger size was kinda sliding off my heel....

Anyway, like everything else, these shoes have gone up in price although the quality is magnificant...I cannot justify what I spent to wear a loafer type shoe around the house...$133 with tax....

If money were not a factor for me, I'd keep them exchange the size and go from there...but but but....

So back they go today and back with my Clark clog and I'll be on the lookout for something else to wear around my little apt....

If I were still working, etc...this shoe I bought would be perfect with slacks, skirts, etc.....

Oh well, I tried...jam
    [This Message was Edited on 10/02/2012]