coming down with a cold-supplements?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jane32, Nov 15, 2005.

1. jane32

jane32 New Member

What do you take? I feel like I have so many new things this year to try. I started taking zinc throat spray and a high dose of Vitamin C. What else seems to work? I have heard of Elderberry syrup. Every Nov. I get sick with a sinus infection for 2-3 weeks so this year I am hoping to just keep it to cold.
  2. jane32

jane32 New Member

I will try the soup. How much Echi. and Goldenseal do you take?
  3. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

I take Vit. C and Echinacea. I take 2 Echinacea in the morning and 2 at night when I first feel the cold/flu/sore throat coming on and then take it until it goes away.

The Echinacea and the Vit. C really do seem to shorten the length of time I'm sick, which is nice because I'm usually sick with a cold, sore throat, sinus infection or something most of the season.
  4. jane32

jane32 New Member

Is there a specific brand you like? There are just so many choices.
  5. jane32

jane32 New Member

Is there a specific brand you like? There are just so many choices.
  6. abbylee

abbylee New Member

I'm not sure of the spelling, but it really works - if you catch it early. I keep the stuff in my medicine cabinet but have been really lucky with colds.

I used to get them all of the time, but 3 years ago I bought a magnetic necklace and have worn it every day since I bought it. The girl who sold it to me said that it helps prevent colds and it really has. That, or I had so many colds before I bought the thing that I've had all of the cold germs.

I know it sounds really weird and it's probably coincidence, but I went from having colds several times a year to having none. (I've probably just jinxed myself and will get one now.) ;-)

As for supplements, I used to take lots of C, but that's all.
    abbylee
    [This Message was Edited on 11/15/2005]