coming off all 'allergy' foods..should I feel this bad?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by liberty143, Jun 2, 2008.

1. liberty143

liberty143 New Member

I, once more, am attempting to come completely off of my 'allergy foods'. (whole blood testing by Dr Dantini in Florida. I have long realized how much more I am fatigued, or painfully achy or am foggy after eating any wheat, dairy (plus 3 years diarrhea for that one), corn ( I wheeze), SUGAR : ( or mushrooms, apples, turkey or beef.
    So, I stopped eating them 1 & 1/2 days ago. Today I felt like I was dying. Migraine, fatigue, cold sweats etc. Is this normal?
  2. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

It's normal to feel this way, but you really don't have to. You could wean yourself off of these foods more slowly thus reducing your body's addiction to these in a more gradual manor.

Of course if a just a bite of something you're eating is causing you severe symptoms, you'll need to back off that asap.

Gluten was going right through me when I started this diet in 2005, so I had no choice but to stop it asap.

HTH ... Marcia

PS. Gluten and dairy are said to act as opiods in autistic kids. So they are told to withdraw these foods slowly unless the reaction to eating them is too severe.
  3. pawprints

pawprints New Member

Hope you are soon feeling better. Maybe it is a type of detox your body is going through.

I saw an alternative doc for pain last week. She suggested allergy testing. What test did you use through Dr. Dantini? Was it ALCAT?

Rest up and drink lots of water!
  4. Catseye

Catseye Member

What are you eating instead? Have you given up dairy and are you eating enough easy to digest protein like chicken? Then there's the stomach acid issue, you may need to supplement with betaine hcl to be able to properly digest your food. That's one reason food allergies are so bad, it's not just that particular food, or it may not be the food at all, it's just the fact that it's not digested properly - in the case of fats and proteins which need acid to break them down.

Otherwise, the undigested fats and proteins will set off the immune system (allergy) and also will clog up your liver and that can make you feel pretty bad. Liver congestion will put a tight or a heavy feeling in your chest.

5. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

You could be getting some yeast die-off if you'd previously been eating a lot of sugar or white flour.

I suggest keeping regular as the most important step for that. A colonic might help a lot if you were to get constipated.

Otherwise, I'd expect the food allergen withdrawal symptoms to fade within a week after you started. That's not _so_ long....

I suspect it will be worth it for you once you get through it.