Coming out in the open....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jslady, Feb 22, 2003.

1. jslady

jslady New Member

I've been reading posts since I was dx last June. I agree with everyone that this dd has weird symptoms. After 8 mos I have the pain pretty much under med control and can do easy chores around the house. I just feel weak and my legs swell after walking a bit. I still have days I pay the price for overdoing it on my good days. The problem is a
    second infection that can not be identified but shows up on
    lab tests. Is this normal? Maybe the new dr I see next month can help me. I feel so much better than a few weeks ago, but wonder if I'm not just being treated for the symptoms. I'm a diabetic too, but sugar has been real good
    even with the px meds. Weight gain has me depressed, but I
    can handle it. Anyone else have these problems? Keep up the good info on here. I've learned so much by everyone sharing their views. Hugs to all.
  2. jslady

jslady New Member

Hope I'm doing this right. I appreciate hearing from another diabetic with this illness. I was dx w/EBV in a
    week of first dr visit in June '02. I still have lots of symptoms that are now dx as CFS. My throat is always sore
    (like it is dry)and irritated. This cold weather has gone straight to my bones. I can't warm up. I worry about dumb things before I finally fall asleep and sleep good for 2 hours at a time,up an hour, worry and back to sleep. Some
    routine. I see an infectious disease next month. Will let you know how it goes. This is the best place to gather info
    from people in the know. Thanks again Nink.
  3. camelgirl

camelgirl New Member

if any of you who are diabetic are also on dialysis. I am not diabetic, but am on dialysis due to other kidney disease (info is in my bio). I hope you're not sharing this 'cuz it certainly isn't a picnic, but just thought I'd check.
    Thanks, Camelgirl
  4. jslady

jslady New Member

had another cup of tea and 2 chocolate chip cookies. They
    sure were good!I stayed under the covers most of the day trying to warm my bones. Here in Ohio, spring is being side-lined by the cold and snowy winter. Spring is what I need to warm up.
    Camelgirl-I control my sugar with meds so far. You are so right that your life is not easy. I have a friend who does dialysis at her home 2x a day for her liver disease. She is doing fine, but it takes it's toll on her health and social life. She has a good family support group to help.
    Nink-I glanced thru some posts and saw that this is 3 year ann. for you and disability. Congrats! I have been denied once for disability. Dr. wants me to appeal, but I feel guilty when so many others are worse off. I had to quit my job and I'm not sure what type of work I could do and still take my naps and get up late.
    I really appreciate your replies, Nink and camelgirl.
    God bless anyone with a disease that interrupts their life.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/23/2003]
  5. Fibromiester

Fibromiester New Member

Welcome Aboard! I have had FM/MFPain,etc for many years, and CFS along with it. I put it that way because I think I've only had about 4-5 bouts of CFS lasting anywhere from a few months to a year, then it "clears up"- but Always the FM.& pain. My CFS(terrible name for it!)symptoms are like yours: my throat will feel sore & irritated, swollen glands, nose & ears plugged up,and I'm cold all the time...just want to snuggle in bed & keep warm! Sleeping? 2-3 hrs. seems about right, then I'm awake, worrying how to fall back to sleep! Yup, I'm a worry-wort, too!
    What kind of "seconardy infection" do you have?- Blood? or...? I am being treated for systemic candida.
    ..And Disability? You Go for it! You probably deserve it a lot more than some of those who ARE on it!
    ..and there is a Diabetic Board here, if you would like to visit- click onto "message boards", above.
    Welcome again, here's to our health!
    Fibromiester
  6. Mom2Two

Mom2Two New Member

I have gained 30 lbs in a very short amount of time. Is this normal? I don't sleep well. I am short tempered. Did I mention the weight gain? Oh, and I have gained 30 lbs.
  7. jslady

jslady New Member

It does help to talk to people in the know. My hubby is very supportive and says I'm in denial. I have symptoms that I feel I can control with meds, but he's concerned I'm ignoring the unsteady walk, loss of memory, lack of sleep,weakness, etc.Maybe he's right. I feel so much better and can do more than even 2 months ago, that I wonder if I can work again. I've always been active and hate to surrender to this dd. I applied for disability when I was sick in bed, but now I am doing a lot better and just want to get back to normal. Sound familiar?
    This is the greatest site and so many helpful people. Thanx