coming out of 3 week flare - now feel like an emotional lump

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sick~kitty, Jun 10, 2011.

1. sick~kitty

sick~kitty New Member

I know this disease is not depression/ennui. But it sure can trigger it! Does anyone else feel a total lack of inertia and interest in much of anything when you start coming back from a few weeks of being wiped out?
  2. ILoveGreen

ILoveGreen New Member

It's like starting over. Kind of overwhelming. Catch-up mode prevails. Baby steps and being easy on yourself will get you back in the groove. Good nutrition, exercise and good rest will keep you there...until you overdo it again like we are all so prone to do.
  3. MsE

MsE New Member

Mastectomy surgery early in May wiped me out. I am having to force myself to take part in the world. Sometimes all I want to do is pull the blinds, turn off the phones, and hide. On top of the usual, I've developed lymphedema, and that adds more stress and pain. I'm trying really hard to stay cheerful and involved, at least to some degree, but it is darned difficult. Sometimes I wish I hadn't had the mastectomy and had just taken my chances after the lumpectomy and hoped the cancer wouldn't return. Dealing with CFS was enough. I should be cheerful and happy because I'm, as far as I know, now cancer free--but I'm so dratted tired and sore. Blah!