Comment about TOXINS postings..THANK YOU

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jenni4736, May 4, 2006.

1. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

Thank you to all who have posted about the toxins. Call me stupid if ya' want but I had NO clue until I found this message board.Many people may have had the knowledge before this board but I did not.

No DOCTOR I have ever seen has EVER mentioned anything about any of this...until I started asking...LIKE A PIT BULL! If you guys didn't put it out there many of us would be "dumb blind" to what we are putting in our bodies.

Because of your postings, I am now an ACTIVE participant in my healthcare. I read labels, I have an allergy test sceduled for tomorrow, and have an appointment with an internist later this month.

I have purchased every book on FM I could get my hands on. I have made notes for questions, highlighted the books to death, and I must say I am on overload to know how much there is to this DD.

I have also followed the advise of some of the "old timers" here and made sure to get my medical records for myself. I thank you for your posts...PLEASE>> keep the info out there.

I found this board several weeks ago now, and it has been a blessing. I feel support from all of you and I feel like I have SOME control over this body again. It's good to have a place to come to get the REAL TRUTH!

It may bog the boards a bit, but it is LIFE CHANGING information for those who don't know!

Jenni

2. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

3. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

My rheumatologist loves that I am a very medically savvy girl. Some docs however, don't like educated patients.
    This is because we won't just swallow every pill they push and we ask alot of questions. AND too that some people try and diagnosed themselves. I know a couple of people like this. It is good to suggest what we think we may have and include all symptoms, but there are a few who give themselves a diagnosis and therefore make trouble.
    I say knowledge is POWER and I want to know all I can about my health and I do ask alot of questions and I do alot of research and I will say it helps me. I can't fix all that it wrong but I feel better knowing why things are.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/04/2006]
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Yes, and also some docs think that if we know a lot about meds then we must be drug addicts, so one has to be careful.

Even though I have a doctorate myself, I have been recently questioned by a nurse and doctor as to why I am knowledgeable, even though there is nothing in my hx that even remotely suggests I seek drugs, quite the opposite I refuse meds!!!

I agree this board is a huge help as we learn so much from one another.

Love Anne C
  5. Paracelsus

Paracelsus New Member

Well put.

Patients who aggressively focus on doing everything they can to get well are seldom disappointed. It requires a laser-like focus and strong committment. And the belief that all things are possible.

We are fortunate today that we have a communications technology called the Internet. It provides the average patient with previously undreamed resources of knowledge, opinions, and experience.

Use it and benefit.
  6. Roseblossom

Roseblossom Member

We are our own best caretakers and advocates.

We'll keep reading & learning - nothing will stop us :)

Roseblossom
  7. SherylD

SherylD Guest

So glad that you found this board too...and seen the post about toxins...It is a terrible thing...

You are the only person that is going to make yourself feel better...and yes you can feel better..It just is a big game to try and figure it all out..

The more we read..the more we help ourselves...It is just finding what works for you!!

I am reading a really good book right now called...Battling the "MSG Myth" A survial guide and cookbook by Debbie Anglesey...

It is a very good book..It talks about all the food additives and in the back it has a lot of receipes...I just started it but it is really hard to put down..

Do a google and you can find a website that she has...it is good info..

I started a test diet this week..So far so good...I am feeling better already..

I posted a post about MSG..sulfites..nitrates..check it out if you already haven't...There are so many hidden names for stuff..THere is a list that I posted..

Take care and I hope you feel good soon..

SherylD
  8. Roseblossom

Roseblossom Member

I really appreciate you and all the others who continue to drag their tired ole butts to the computer to post ideas, experiences, sympathy, and comfort :)

All the best,
    Roseblossom
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I don't believe in accidents and I know it was no accident I found it five years ago. Everything which has helped me is something I heard about here. Then, I researched like crazy and took the info to my docs. I am lucky in that I have had docs who appreciate a patient who is a partner in my own healthcare. Otherwise, I don't think I could have made the progress I have been able to make.

Our members have been very generous with sharing what they know and as a result, we are all a better informed group of people.

I also believe in synchronicity and every time I have made a decision in my heart, the people, info, and opportunities to implement that decision have appeared as if by magic. I recently read, "What if there were a benevelent force which supports you in all you do." What a lovely thought.

Love, Mikie
  10. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

11. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

Thsnk you to all.

The info is powerful.

I will take you up on your suggestions. I really appreciate all of your input.

It's just nice to have someone to talk to who ISN'T tired of hearing about it.

jenni