Commercial on lifestyle channel about fibromyalgia!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Oct 17, 2009.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

It was really good short to the point but good. One lady has tears in her eyes and says something about hurting and needing a hug even though it would hurt. It came on at least twice and I saw it the other night.

have you seen it? I almost cried, then again maybe I am just to emotional!! You know it is all in our heads right??

Take care
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I watch TV online, so I only see a very limited few commercials, so I haven't seen that one, but it does sound good, and wow, this is quite the run on sentence, isn't it?
  3. Spacey

Spacey Member

I can't say I like the fibro commercials. I don't see how they relate to fibro when there is so much more. I think they could do a whole lot better, but that's just me. Thanks Spacey
  4. hensue

hensue New Member

I had never seen it before they could do better but it was the first that talked about the pain and not a drug with it.

At least to me it is getting the message to people we are in pain and it is not in our head.

I have never seen one with tears in the eyes.

take care
  5. loto

loto Member

about the fibro commercials is that they do only seem to focus on the pain, and the one's i've seen only show older women, like they're the only ones who suffer from it.
  6. hensue

hensue New Member

There are so many young people you also I assume that are very young and vibrant. At least I had my life until I was about 40. It would be much harder to take if I had been younger not married and no career. You are right If young people were in the commercials people might pay more attention.
    How old are you? When did you get fibro?
    If you do not mind me asking.

it was the only one I liked because it was not selling a drug or treatment. Pain is bad and I am very tender hearted even though I am a skeptical soul.
    I do not think everyone relates to pain and how it effects our lives. They cannot imagine because they have never been there. I try to have empathy and relate to other people and what is happening with them.

Then you have the givers and the takers, it is what makes this world go round and round.
    I am very open minded I do not have all my hopes on the new virus xmrv I am highly skeptic.
    I want to find out though and not sit on the sidelines done that to long already.
    Anything that will call attention to our DISEASE not a freakin syndrome in my opinion.
    Will be good whether it be good or bad attention at least it is better than none at all.

Do you see how much attention these syndromes whatever are getting in the last week?
    It is awesome.

By the way pro health Thank you for this board I learn a lot on here. Things my pe brain would have never thought of.
    Take care
  7. JLH

JLH New Member

The only commercial I have seen re Fibro is one promoting Lyrica -- so it's really a commercial for Lyrica and not fibro!

And ... speaking of Lyrica, I have tried it but can not take it. It makes my hands and feet swell too much, which is one of the symptoms advertised. So, I switched back to Neurotin.