Committee has new name for Fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ida01, Feb 6, 2007.

1. ida01

ida01 New Member

January 12th, 07, In Ft.Lauderdale, Florida , an annual seminar was held. The Committee has given Fibromyalgia a new name.
    "Myalgic Encephalpathy", nervous system pathology with associated muscle pain. Also abbreviated "ME".
    Hope more information about this will be in the next Fibromyalgia Aware Magazine. And hopefully my doctors will have new hope and help for us suffering with Fibro/CFS.
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I think you are confusing FMS and CFS. There has been a committee that met and came up with the name of Myalgic Encephalpahty (sp?) for CFS, not FMS, since the name of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is degrading and doesn't accurately describe the symptoms.

Ellen
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

1da10:

I really do not buy it. I would have to see the article and see why it was changed and why only at that one seminar.
    Thank you for the info. I will look into it also. Thank you also for the tip.

nyrofan
  4. ayhatch

ayhatch New Member

I really think we should stick with Fibromyalgia. The way my brain and speech sometimes works (or doesn't) I don't think I'd have a prayer of pronouncing that other name!

Maybe we should call it: The Dead Tired, Aching all over, Dizzy, can't always move, S**t for brains, and nobody believes me disease!
  5. Shelbyeatenton

Shelbyeatenton New Member

I have just come to read this and wondered if it was the Fibromyalgia name that's been change or the ongoing campaign to find a better name for CFS?

Sorry if i'm behind just wanted to catch up...

Hugs, Shelby