Common doses of cymbalta & lunesta?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by schaken, Oct 2, 2005.

1. schaken

schaken New Member

Hi,

My pain level has gone way up since I started cymbalta. I am now at a 5 or 6 as compared to milnapricin (I was in the drug study). I am supposed to take 60 mg of cymbalta with meals 2xs daily. I am also extremely fatigued.

While reading other threads I noticed that other people have the same problems with drowiness. I have started taking them tonight at dinner time to see if that helps.

Lunesta is 3mg. Some nights it works and others 4 to 5 nights a week I am up walking the hallway.

Anyone that has had to deal with this. I would appreciate their input.

Thanks in advance.

Leslie
  2. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi...I am on 80 mg. of Cymbalta. My psychiatrist said that all of the doctors in the large, teaching hospital in Seattle prescribe at least 80 and sometimes have to go to 90 mg. for depression. I have not had sleepiness, and it has helped greatly with the depression (that I didn't know that I had!!). Good luck to you...B
  3. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I take 3 mg. lunesta and 30 mg. cymbalta. The cymbalta made me sleepy at first but it wore off. I let my lunesta run out and couldn't get to the drugstore--slept about 3 to 4 hours each night without it and kept waking up constantly.

I started at 2 mg. lunesta and went up to 3 mg. it is more effective for me and I get more consistent results now. I believe you can also get lunesta in 4 mg. strength.

My dose of cymbalta is low, but it has helped me.

I hope you feel better soon.

4. schaken

schaken New Member

Thanks to those that replied.

I guess I didn't explain myself well I started cymbalta at 2 doses of 30 mg 2 times a day. The pain I suffered was extreme.

I Have had this DD for over 20 years now. The milnapricin was the first and only drug I have taken. No, I do not have any left.

I have no problem with copay I pay 9 dollars for a prescription of anything. Or If the military carries it on base I get it for free or if they have it throught the military drug by mail program I can get it for 3 months at 9 dollars.

I tried taking my full dosage last night at 5:30 pm then my lunesta at 9:30 needless I didn't sleep but 3 or 4 hours. I was in alot of pain today but the extreme tiredness was gone.

Well, I guess I cn give up fatigue for pain. Ha Ha

Leslie