common ground amongst our differences

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by bigmama2, Apr 10, 2009.

1. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

even though we have many different religious and spiritual view points-- remember that * in general * we all share common ground---

we want better health for ourselves and our loved ones

we want to be able to cope with our illnesses and life challenges

we love our families and friends

we appreciated nature and love animals, especially our pets

we wish the world was a more peaceful, loving place

I am sure all, or at least most of this resonates with all of us here. right?!

bigmama2

and we all love pizza too, right? (just kiddin on this one!)

2. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

To all of the above,including the pizza! Jeanne
  3. Sacajawea2

Sacajawea2 Member

This might have been offensive for me to post on Jole's thread...do you mind if I put it here? My point was not to offend anyone, especially Jole but my point was to show that I am one who has been around many religions/beliefs/non beliefs (or if there's a better word, tell me)...and I am so sure I'm not the only one...it's never stopped me from being who I am, yet I love all my family equally...

So this is what I had posted yesterday...if it offends you I will remove it from here as well...and won't be upset for doing so...
    oh, and I had pizza for breakfast!!! Love it too!!!
    I hear you Jeanne...
    As the grand daughter of an atheist, (mom's side) and with a whole flock of family who are Catholic, my own beliefs, married into baptists...an aunt who is Buddhist...well, I've been in it for a long time and have not ever seen what I've seen here...but I do believe we can all get along, separate when necessary, together when appropriate.
    I enjoy your posts, as well as many others here...let's hope it stays calm.

SJ

4. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

what happened here?!

"separate when necessary, together when appropriate"

Make peace.

Rafiki
  5. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Just flying out of here covered in the little mites which are attracted to the warm computer but had to stop in on my way out to say...

BLESSED ARE THE PEACEMAKERS!

<3

Rafiki