Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kathleen12, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

There are many of us who I'm sure feel they go unnoticed and unappreciated at times. And even if they don't it's nice to hear a little warm and fuzzy sometimes. I, persnonally,am not fishing for a compliment but would like to hear compliments to others...even that lifts my spirits.

I know there are so many newbies on here that we don't know very well....myself included, but wouldn't it feel good to tell someone something good about them?

I won't begin this little pink fuzzy just in case no one really wants to participate (it may be too complicated as I'd hope that everyone here could get one compliment) so I'll just leave this thread open to see how it flies. Who could be kind of fun.
  2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Kathleen, that is SO sweet of YOU. I've only been on 'this side' for such a short amount of time and on the other side (mostly reading) for only a couple of months. You all seem like you've known each other forever. It's wonderful to see the support and caring. I do remember you well because I remember replying to one of your posts and referencing the riding!! Reading through your posts, how you have cared for your brother, how you've responded to others, your personality and heart comes shining through. I know you weren't fishing for a personal compliment, but guess're getting one anyway! Nice of you to think of others.

3. Catseye

Catseye Member

There are several people I'd like to thank, but my brain fog is going to make me leave out some of them and then I'll feel like an idiot, not giving enough credit where it is due.

So I won't name names, there's just too many, but these helpful ones know who they are, I'm sure. They've figured out some things and they've passed it on. That's all we can do for each other.

Plus there are many people who read and don't post. I'm really happy when I post about something that I think is really important and I know will bring some people relief because it did for me. Just knowing people will get something out of it, whether they say so or not, is enough for me.

I'm one of the lucky ones, I can sit on my butt all day searching the net for everything. I don't have a complicated life with kids and a household to run and stress and things to deal with that require constant attention. All I have is my constant search to fix myself. And I've really come a long way this past year. I spend most of my time on my laptop learning how the body works and what's wrong with us. That's how you can figure out how to fix it.
    And it just so happens that virtually all the fixing is done with supplements.

I definitely give a big pat on the back to those who have posted "fixes" based on their own experiences.

And also another pat on the back to those who just ask questions or comment with a positive, upbeat attitude and always have something pleasant to say. Niceness is always appreciated.

4. budmickl

budmickl New Member

The song is from the Golden Girls show.

Thank You For Being A Friend
    ( Andrew Gold )

Thank you for being a friend
    Traveled down a road and back again
    Your heart is true, you're a pal and a confidant

I'm not ashamed to say
    I hope it always will stay this way
    My hat is off, won't you stand up and take a bow

And if you threw a party
    Invited everyone you knew
    You would see the biggest gift would be from me
    And the card attached would say

If it's a car you lack
    I'd surely buy you a Cadillac
    Whatever you need any time of the day or night

I'm not ashamed to say
    I hope it always will stay this way
    My hat is off, won't you stand up and take a bow

And when we both get older
    With walking canes and hair of gray
    Have no fear even though it's hard to hear
    I will stand real close and say

And when we die
    And float away
    Into the night
    The milky way
    You'll hear me call
    As we ascend
    I'll say your name
    Then once again

5. sisland

sisland New Member

Kathleen~~~What a Kool Post!,,,i'm going to Cheat and say i second everything everyone has said so far!,,,This Board has been a life saver for me ,,,,in terms of support and laughter,,,,,and Knowledge,,and most of all Comorodarie(sp) with my Fellow Posters!

Everyone here has something special about them! ,,,,Bud~~~Thanks for posting the words to the song! I've been singing it,.,,,,,,,Hugs To All!
  6. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I want to say how much I appreciate many members here. I have been a member for about 5 yrs now. I want to compliment Doxygirl who is always so sweet.

I was just thinking the other day what a little diplomat she is - always trying to smoothe the waters here.

Sometimes, in fact many times she has jumped in when I am in trouble, trying to make it better. It always makes me feel like I have a friend.

We have many older members I hope you get to know - such as Shirl. She was doing pretty good until hurricane Katrina.

Shirl has a wealth of information and is the original person who gave us the peroxide and epsom salt bath recipe. She is also just a very interesting person.

Another treasured older member is Mikie. She is a rock here and quite a lady.

I haven't had a chance to meet many of the newer members here but I hope to soon. We are blessed to have such wonderful people find their way here.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/13/2008]
  7. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

Thank you all for participating in this thread. I know it is hard remembering all the great people on this board and I, too, hesitate to name any one in particular because you are all great, and I don't want anyone saddened if they are not directly named. But sometimes there is that one special person who stands out who deserves to be mentioned. And that person for me is Granniluvsu.

I have read your posts on this board and others and I just wanted to say how much I appreciate your kind and gentle diplomacy. The advice you give in delicate situations is true and sound. And not to mention your warm user name....Granniluvsu!

Janalyn....Thank you for your sweet compliment! As I stated, I wasn't fishing for comps myself but should have known that I would get one just for asking...LOL. I do remember your replies to me and how nice it made me feel. And I love the fact that you, also, are a horse freak like myself. I hope you can get back in the saddle soon.

Again, I hate leaving anyone out here, but I still consider myself new and haven't had a chance to get to know anyone in particular, but know that I think this little group of people is GREAT and am so glad this board exists!
  8. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi Kathleen,

First of all what a wonderful idea about giving "warm and fuzzys" to deserving people on this board. Also thank you so much for your sweet compliments. I just do what my mom taught me- to treat others as I would like to be treated. You have made my day for this lovely compliment or should I say compliments? You are a sweetie yourself, no kidding..

It is a hard one for me to pick also, as others here have said. There ae so many people I have to come to know as my friends and have been such a big help to me with their kind words and information. I'll have to really think about that one. Have a rug and floor cleaner coming today so I can't stay to long and ponder.

Yes, I also agree with all those mentioned here. You , as well as all who posted are truly special people here.

Again, thanks so much for your starting this thread Kathleen. That was a wonderful warm and fuzzy for me. I have so many aches and pains today but somehow I am not feeling them so much now (-: !! Isn't that the point of this board !!!

More later on !!

Blessings and hugs,

9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Nice idea, Kathleen.

My brain fog and lack of energy are too much for me to manage a list of individuals. Actually it would say almost everybody is nice, but that's not really too specific.

Anyway I really appreciate all the people who actually are nice and cheerful and courageous and loaded down w/ multiple problems, but still keep on struggling.

Oh, yeah, that theme song for Golden Girls...for year I thought the words "card attached" were "heart attack". Had to see it in print to get it straightened out.

Anyone read Rue Mclanahan's book? I think she was on husband number 6 last time I heard. She explains it by saying she is a true romantic.

PS, thanks Molly. Don't always understand my posts myself.
    Robert Browning said much the same thing about his poetry.

10. Khalyal

Khalyal New Member

ALL of you have been my friends. All of you have helped me even when you didn't know it. I have learned so much here, and you have all been a blessing.

I have to say a special thank you to Karen Barrowinnovations because she taught me well about the hypothalamus.

And to Molly and Dar for all of their Lyme help. I'm still pursuing that one!

And to Jaminhealth, because she is wonderful.

And to JMCDelaney, because she has the other half of my brain!

And to Sis, because she is so sweet and she makes fabulous cookies!

And to Victoria, Greenbean, and Karen KJFMS, who have such lovely senses of humor!

Oh, gosh, I don't want to leave anyone out, but I have to cut it short here. I'm gonna start boohooing! lol

11. laceymae

laceymae New Member

I have so many nice things to say about everyone here...but I'll combine it into one big one for all.

I love you guys, I was ready to leave the "other" side, now it is so much fun to be on here and keep up with everyone.

Elaine, I can't remember who started the road trip... I just wonder if we left anyone "out there"

I hosted the holiday party and then I left everyone to kinda fend for theirselves. We had fun though...I know that granni keeps an eye on us .

love to all
  12. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

Laceymae...It is nice to meet you and am glad to have another friendly face here.

YC1....We haven't actually met, but I do eaves drop sometimes on some of your threads. And what I know of you you seem to be a person who can easily reach out to someone in need....and pretty determined I might add! It makes me know that you will be there if I or anyone esle is in need. Thank you for your big heart.

[This Message was Edited on 01/15/2008]
  13. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Earlier today, with my hand over one eye due to a severe migraine, I found this post. I tried to read as much as I could before I had to go lay down. What a wonderful gesture! It made me smile. :)

Molly, thanks for your kind compliment, I really enjoy talking to you also. And everyone else.
    I think there are so many thoughtful, kind people on this board and I just wanted to thank you all. Every time I post, someone is always there with support, a funny comment or just good ol' chitchat.

More good news, the hammers have stopped pounding in my head, Lol! Thank you Kathleen for this thoughtful post. Have a great night everyone! Kim :)
    [This Message was Edited on 01/15/2008]
  14. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Although many of my favorites have already been mentioned, I'd like to add the great ladies who participate on the 'To Do List' thread each week.

It's a great way to support each other...and so many have listened to me and my problems with my daughter.

The support on this board is unlikely to be found anywhere else.

It's too early in the morning to list each one separately but I'm sure you all know who you are.

Hugs all,

Nancy B