Computer Question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by caffey, Aug 14, 2008.

1. caffey

caffey New Member

I have a computer question. It started the other day I get this e-mail through outlook that says someone has sent me a greeting card. I press the button block sender and it says it will do it but it pops up the next day under a different name. I have windows xp, defender and avg anti virus. Is there is any way I can stop this. I don't think it is a causing a problem. Thanks for any input.
  2. stick2013

stick2013 Member

I would check out snopes....This is a real virus. Don't open it, and I would recommend running your anti virus program asap...
  3. caffey

caffey New Member

Thanks for your post. I ran the anitvirus and it said it was ok. Should I just delete it instead of blocking sender as it opens the e-mail? Thanks.
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Yes, delete it immediately and then delete your deleted e-mails too just to make sure.

I delete anything I don't recognize and always delete e-mails from friends with the word 'virus' in the title.

5. stick2013

stick2013 Member

I would just keep deleting the thing every time it comes in. You could block them all too, whatever you feel better with. Just don't click on the link that it wants you to click on. The virus itself isn't a bad one, as far as that's concerned, just annoying, and time consuming to get rid of.
  6. caffey

caffey New Member

For your help. No e-mails today. Either they are gone or they don't work on Sat. lol.
    Again thanks.