Computer steels my energy!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carole128, Sep 13, 2003.

1. carole128

carole128 New Member

Every time I sit down to use my computer I feel my energy leave me. My mind feels tired and my arms and legs feel heavy and my arm feels shaky moving the mouse! I enjoy using my computer and would be really lost without it. Could it me all the electric affecting me. Electric and me don't mix and am always having trouble with electicial things. They always misbehave for me. I also get little electric shocks off doors, taps and sometimes people!
    Do anyone else have this problem or is it just me!
    Carole
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

We sure are all so different, the computer actually calms my nerves. I will do some house work, and then sit at the computer to rest, instead of taking a nap...........

It could be the colors that are affecting you on the screen though, they do have some kind of 'screen' you can put over the monotor for glare. That might help you, or if you can try those light rose tinted sunglasses and see if that helps.

I am also sensitive to electricity, I will get a shock from a normal outlet, touching a lamp, and a few times I have caused the radio or tv to turn into static or just shut off! Its crazy.

Hope you find your problem, and be able to solve it soon.

I would be lost with out my computer too, but I guess I would go back to my massive reading before I got this 'magic box'.

Shalom, Shirl

3. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

The coomputer steals my energy, too. This is what I have done to help: I bought an antiradiation screen for my computer ($35.00, about) and I keep a living plant right on top of my computer. They say that the computer will take energy from the closest living thing, so a green plant seems to help. Take care, Terry
  4. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

My computer doesn't steal my energy, it steals my time! Since I found this board and all the research to do as a result, I'm sitting here for hours each day and again at night.

But I just found out, doing research, that it is what is causing all my back and pelvic pain! This could also be your problem - the iliopsoas muscle. If yours is shortened and tight it could cause these symptoms as well when you sit down in that rigidly upright typing chair.

JoAnn