Computer Virus Warning from Snopes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fibromickster, Apr 2, 2008.

1. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Snopes sends periodic updates on viruses and spam floating around the Internet to my work periodically. This is one everyone should read so you are protected from this virus. Just wante to let you all know

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/mailserver.asp
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I already had this warning sent to me today by a friends. Then I checked Snopes and it is real !!

Hugs,

Granni
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Just go to snopes. com

I think it was under computer - hoaxs and virus or somethingl like that
    The virus subject is "Mail server Report" - Do NOT open. I forget allwhat it tell you to do and then you lose and make a mess out of your computer. Just don't open it.

Hugs,

Granni
  4. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I'm wondering if Norton Anti virus will detect this. I run Norton frequently and it hasn't found anything, yet I have recently been getting the "this page cannot be found" message. I wonder if this is related to this new worm.
  5. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

I don't know why it isn't working, i just tried it too, and it didn't work. But it does work from my email.

That is too weird. Oh well, just do what Granni says. Thanks Granni!!!

Kathleen, sometimes even if you have the anti virus systems, they somehow get through. That is what happened to ours a couple of weeks ago and we have about 3 different virus protections on it. Now we lost everything, I am so bummed out about it.