COMPUTERS and Me

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sues1, Jan 1, 2007.

1. sues1

sues1 New Member

Most of what computer "skills" I have is by just clicking around and see what works......LOL.

It is like driving......I know how to make the car go and to stop and E on the gas gauge does not mean "enough".

I am on AOL and have a Dell computer....

#1 How do I send emails that does not show the email addresses of others I am sending same email to?

#2 How do I forward without sending on email addresses?

On second question I know to copy and paste on some articles.But not always necessary.

#1 (and #2) I only know that I am to put the address inside
    ( )with a comma between each, and no one will get the address I have enclosed. But that takes forever, to much work for each one.

Outside of not sending emails, how can I do this easier and give others their privacy?

Thanks for reading this......................Susan
  2. larryh

larryh New Member

Susan,

This is not too hard after a little work up front. First you need to add people to your address book so it is easy to send an email to a group of people. In case you don't know, when you have an email open you can click on the sender's email address and a small box opens asking if you want to add them to your address book.

To send AOL mail to a bunch of people with out letting them see each others email address start to compose an email and click the "Show Bcc" at the far right of the CC: line. Next click teh Bcc button on the left and it opens your address book. Simply check the box for each person you wish to include.

When you forward AOL mail and want to remove any email addresses that are in the original you can do a forward. Then scroll down and highlight the email addresses and other stuff you don't want to share and do a cut instead of a paste. That simple and it is all gone.

let me know if you need more help.

Larry
  3. sues1

sues1 New Member

I typed you an answer than before I posted it I tried looking again. I found CC and BCC at the bottom of my address book. Great! I will experiment more with this. So far it looks as if it will be easy.

I have wondered about this since I got my first computer, but no one gave me the right answer. OR I was not "listening" right. LOL.

THANKS every so much...........Blessings..........Susan

IT WORKS.....I did it..excited and thanks[This Message was Edited on 01/02/2007]
  4. sues1

sues1 New Member

I used to know........but I have terrible fibro fog at times.....Like 12 M to 12 M.......

How do you repeat a line? Say I wanted to make various little paragraphs of what I am writting right now. What do I click to keep getting it repeated and in print?

Other than copy and paste.....I have done it before.....

Thanks................Susan
    [This Message was Edited on 01/02/2007]
  5. sues1

sues1 New Member

I can send BBC by clicking each one at the bottom of the email address book.......by clicking the BBC when the name is highlighted (not my highlight but I hope you know what I mean).....

But I do not see where to go to be able to just send all a BBC and not have to do each one this way.....one by one. Is there another way? I do not see a Show Bcc Am I blind?

You wrote:

To send AOL mail to a bunch of people with out letting them see each others email address start to compose an email and click the "Show Bcc" at the far right of the CC: line. Next click teh Bcc button on the left and it opens your address book. Simply check the box for each person you wish to includeSorry to be such a nuisance Susan
  6. larryh

larryh New Member

Susan,

Either I am having a foggy moment too or I don't quite understand your question. The only way I know to keep adding the same line over is to copy and paste.

I do not think there is any command to choose all contacts in AOL Mail. YOu can however create a distribution list and add all of your contacts to it. Then the next time you can simply send email to the distribution list. To create one open the address book and click on "NEW". From the drop down choose "Distribution List". IN the new window you only have to click once on a contact on the left side to add them to the list. You have to add a name for the list and save it.

The show "Bcc" on the compose window is at the far right edge on the same line as the "CC". IT is "To", "CC" and "subject in that order. After you click on the "Show Bcc" it will be "To", "CC", "Bcc" and "Subject" showing on the left. Click on the "Bcc"

Larry