Concerned about all over itchiness and underarm aches??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tiredohsotired, Sep 18, 2006.

1. tiredohsotired

tiredohsotired New Member

Hello,
    I am not sure if these are CFIDS or fibromyalgia symptoms or something else but, it's a new symptom for me. I started having slight pain under my arms last week, not real bad but bothersome none the less. It comes and goes and hasn't stopped in over a week. Yesterday I started itching all over from head to toe and it's really starting to make me a little uneasy. I am not taking any new medications or using any new soaps, lotions or powders. I can't think of what this could be. The only thing different that I have done is I started going to a chiropractor who is using an activator on some misaligned vertebre in my neck. Do any of you have any idea what is causing the pain and itching? If so, please help me. I am worrying myself. I have an appointment with my doctor on Monday. I don't know if I can wait that long. Thanks so much. :)
  2. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

One of the symptoms in the CDC criteria for CFS is “tender cervical or axillary lymph nodes“. If I remember rightly, one of those is the armpits.

Could your chiropractor have released some toxins that are being removed through the lymph system and causing the armpit pain? Just a guess.
  3. tiredohsotired

I will ask the chiropractor tomorrow when I see him. That is a very interesting thought. It makes sense too. I will let you know what I find out. Thanks again for the help. Take care ;-)
  4. lillyrose33

lillyrose33 New Member

I didn't have the arm pain but I did have the itching...which was unbearable. It last for a couple of weeks and now has toned down some and not so unbearable but still there. I went on this board last week and ask the same question. My doctor told me it was stress so now I am trying to un-stress...if that is possible to do. Good luck at your doctor. Let us know what you find out.

Lillyrose
  5. tiredohsotired

He said that the underarm aches are a normal reaction to my lymph nodes finally starting to function properly. He also said that the itchiness is a normal reaction caused from the adjustments in my neck (for subluxations) releaving some of the pressure and allowing the nerve endings in my skin and regrowth?? He said that itchiness is normal and expected when that happens. I am sure I totally didn't word any of that correctly but that is about what he said. Does any of that make sense to anyone else seeing a chiropractor for subluxations in the neck, fibromyalgia & cfids?
  6. puffy1

puffy1 New Member

I have itchiness it moves around on me I had it on chest for a long time itched like crazy.

Then it move to my tummy and then my upper arm now it has been a the very top of my ribcage right under my breast was driving me nuts.

I do not go to a chiroprator so I am not sure why that would make a difference.

As for the underarm pain sounds to me like firocystic which is what I was diagnosed with years ago but mine was mostly in my breast not to be confused with cystic fibrosis not even close this is totaly different.

I was told at the time to give up caffien but of coarse I did not maybe that my problem now. It was just in my breast now it is my whole body.

Teri
  7. tiredohsotired

Hello,
    Thanks for the reply. I will have to investigate fibrocystic? I am not sure what that is. I did however give up all caffeine about 6 months ago. I see my regular doctor Monday and will ask her about it and the itchiness. It never hurts to double check. Thanks again ;-)
  8. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

I have fibrocystic breasts which the doctor says in other words is lumpy breast tissue. When I drink too much caffeine which I do quite often, then my breast get really tender and under my armpits also. I also have FMS.
    Stinker56
  9. shelbo

shelbo New Member

My face cleanser was reformulated and now I'm allergic. I've been desperately trying to find a replacement for it since I am sensitive. I still haven't found anything BUT everything I sample out up to now is giving me the head to toe itching reaction you describe! I have a little of the cleanser I am ok with left so when I get this reaction I go wash my face with that and I recover! Sure hope I can find somethiing before it runs out or I'll go loopy!
    If you are like me, the itching is severe and very depressing! There is no let up! It's the sort of itch that you cannot ignore...it is a travelling it! You have the urge to scratch your foot immediately...you do that and suddenly you HAVE TO scratch your head etc and this just goes on and on etc!
    I've read somewhere that there is a condition called RAIDS...I will look it up again but it is a reaction of the system when things my nose and eyes don't like are allowed to enter them! That would explain why I can use whatever I want on my body and hair but not on my face nad eyes! Eg. I can try out a cleanser, designed for the face,on my body = no reaction..I put the same stuff on my face and boom! the itching starts! It is bad enough to starve me of any sleep since it makes me itch uncontrollably all night! Do you get any outward evidence? I get no redness..no rash..no hives..nothing...how about you?
    I am really hoping to find stuff for my face and eyes soon, I can tell you! Even typing this is making me anxious but we gotta help each other, hey?

Just keep a record of everything if you can! Even a houseplant or something could have triggered your reaction and remember, that any person can become allergic to anything at any time even if it never posed a problem previously!
    I am getting a lot of throat irritation too right now so I think I am more allergic than I was..

I am going to see my doc in a few days and see what she says about the bad throat and all over itching...if she tells me anything significant I'll let you know...I doubt it though! She is nice but problems like mine are sometimes difficult for docs to swallow... I mean, how many people present with all over itching when they use a facial cleanser!

In the meantine, I am stuck between a rock and a hard place! I need a new cleanser and it's not forthcoming! I need throat relief and so have to suck sweets all day which has sort of foiled my plans to change to a Candida diet! Right now, I need the sweets or my throat is so, so painful! I am taking a good probiotic to try to deal with the sugar overload! I am considering a milk thistle course as this can help the liver...sometimes overloading the liver makes allergies worse!

If you find out what the problem is, let us now....if I find an answer to this symptom, I will surely let you know....I know how miserable this particular symptom is!

Hope you feel better soon!

Love Shelbo :)
  10. shelbo

shelbo New Member

since when I use what I have left of the cleanser I am ok with, it goes away almost immediately! HTH
  11. tiredohsotired

Thanks everyone & stinker56 & shelbo too,
    I Just had a mamogram in July and everything was normal. They didn't say anything about fibrocystic breasts so, I think I am ok. Maybe, the underarm aches/itchiness is from the lymphnodes begining to work again. I will let you know what my regular doc says on Monday. The all over itchiness (no rash) can be intense and very bothersome I agree. I hate it when it's in my ears and eyes. My throat is more dry than itchy. My eyes burn and itch most of the time. I hope the doc has some info for me on Monday. It's starting to exhaust me even more. I don't bother to itch most of the time because it doesn't really relieve it, I try to ignore it. I can't stand it in the ears or on the nose and eyes. I hope you both get some relief soon. Thanks so much for the help, take care. ;-)Tired