Concerned about celebrex

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by namow, Mar 1, 2006.

1. namow

namow New Member

I just went to see a doctor and she put me on celebrex for pain, I thought that celebrex supposed to be bad for you. I'm kind of lost here.

Is anyone taking it? any advice??

Now this afternoon I hear in the news that the chances of having a heart attack is 50%. What is there to do when you can't move your neck, pain everywhere, I'm completely stiff (I think I also have osteoarthritis, not sure) THe doctor this mornig said that it was perfectly safe.....HELP!!!!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 03/01/2006]
  2. mylilcherub428

mylilcherub428 New Member

then a remember a little while afterwards it was taken off the market or so I thought hmmm weird.
  3. leubie

leubie New Member

HEY NAMOW,, I WOULD ASK A PHAMACIST ABOUT THIS MED....I THOUGHT IT WAS OFF THE SHELF???? DID THEY GIVE YOU SAMPLES???PLEASE CALL PHARMACISTS AND OR GOOGLE--CELEBREX BEFORE YOU TAKE. LOVE TO ALL----LAURA
  4. Frustratedandtired

Frustratedandtired New Member

I don't know if it's off the market, but I do believe it caused heart attacks in some people. I was on it for a while when they thought I had osteoarthritis. Didn't help my pain. Hubby was on it for a while and had to quit taking it because it elevated his liver enzymes so much.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I wouldn't take it myself. Unless one has osteoarthritis, this type of med isn't the most helpful for our kind of pain.

Love, Mikie
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

My MIL takes it. It was taken off the market or at least doctors stopped prescribing it, and then the FDA let it be prescribed again.

My MIL is 92 and has terrible arthritis. Celebrex helps her, so when they cut it out, she was in more pain. After just a couple months, Celebrex was put back on, and people can decide for themselves whether it is worth the risk or not. She decided it really was.

Did your doctor say anything to you about this med? Maybe the pharmasist will and maybe there will be something on the written material you get. Let us know.

Sue