concerned about new site

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by FMsaddenedspirit, Sep 30, 2008.

1. FMsaddenedspirit

FMsaddenedspirit New Member

I just checked out the new site yet again.. this time a went to read a post but has not yet logged in... IT ALLOWED ME TO READ IT ,, this scares me....
    I don't; want people .. just anybody that is not a member to view our post.. why did it let me read the post before I logged in ?
  2. Jorgie

Jorgie New Member

Yes anyone can read the message boards when they are not logged in. Shouldn't anyone seeking help be able to get to information that may help them recover or even point them in a direction that may lead to recovery with out needing to be a member. Or a banned member might still be seeking help. Before they were not allowed back to view or read posts and now they can. I'm sorry this scares you but if your afraid of personal information getting out you shouldn't be posting it on the internet in the first place. It even says that in our rules.
  3. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Is this just at the new board or both boards. So any banned member is now welcomed back to read all messages? Am I missing something here? Is this why the new board says you can hide your profile because all messages will always be open to the public?
  4. FMsaddenedspirit

FMsaddenedspirit New Member

well this board does not do that ... so I thought there could be some probelm..

I will just change my info some... sorry I had and EX that beat me very badly and , and since then have a fear of my personal info being out there... I will just remove my name and city ,, and I guess thats that..

I just thought this was a secure site thats all. my mistake

anyway thaks for all your efforts... the support here is awesome.. and I thank you all
  5. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

I worry about my profile too. I really don't want anyone to know who I really am whether it be from past employee's or neighbors etc. I think I will adjust my profile.

Someone said that SS or an LTD could be reading about us to see how honest we are or try to catch us in a lie. We all need to be careful and be as anonymous as we can.

6. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I learned the hard way about privacy. Stupid of me. Luckily what I had posted (on another board) was nothing I was ashamed of, but if my name was googled, boy everything came up. Obviously do not ever use your name. I didn't know at the time- I was on a help forum for a foundation that I was involved with. (unrelated to Fibro)

I just deleted my profile. Kind of a shame. I do wish there was a way we had a private little sector that we could share more personal info, but I guess we post what we want others to know.

I get what the mods are saying - nothing is private on the internet!